Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Won't Slidelock with TTI Basepads

zachvu

Like the title says, my 35 won't go into slidelock on my mags with TTI +3 basepads. When I shoot a normal mag, the slide lock seems to work just fine, but will rarely, if ever, lock back when empty with these mags. I assume it's a tuning issue with the mags, but not sure where to go from here?

Sorry, should have mentioned that! I do have the longer springs that came with the basepads. I haven't stored them loaded, and have only run them for a few matches, and a few more practice sessions. They still feel strong, as in strong enough that if I wanted to put 20 in them it would be a battle. Should I try stretching the springs some?

You are running the stock followers as well? There must be someting wrong with either the springs or the follower, that is all there is to making the slide stop work. I don't know what to tell you. Clean everything, lube it, try some new Wolff or other manufacturars springs, get new followers. This ain't rocket surgery, something basic is not right.

Edited by jlamphere

Take the top end off, insert an empty magazine and find why the follower is not contacting the slide lock tab. Whoop...there it is.

It will slide lock just fine when racking it, no matter how hard I try to let it fly! It's only when shooting my last round that it won't lock back. I checked the basepads and magwell, and there is plenty of clearance...

TTI says there are "issues" with older Glock mags. I don't know but this may be one of them.

In my case it was only being able to load 18 rounds. I was invited to let them know how it worked with new mags. Look for mine in the classifieds after one more match.

• 2 weeks later...

The magwell isn't the culprit, and I'm thinking it has to be the springs in the magazine. Kind of disappointing since they are brand new!! These are new gen 4 mags from Glock, so I don't think they'd be the older mag issue. I'll stretch them a bit and see what happens.