Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which base pads to use for a glock 40 open

jedmyers

You're going to be "capacity challenged" with a .40. The best I could get was 23 rnds with a Taylor Freelance +8 basepad, which is a 170mm "big stick." I would suggest having several "big sticks", and at least 3 140mm mags, (for classifiers/standards where you need to do reloads.) The 140mm mag will give you 20 rnds if you use the standard Glock spring instead of a replacement, and they still feed fine.

I run a 357sig in open and run a TF big stick extension and can get 25 sig's in it but only 24 40's I also run a 22rd factory glock mag, I think this combo works pretty good, I normally start with the TF extended mag and reload to the glock 22 round mag. I really like reloading with the 22round mag.

Mike

I use the 22rd Glock mags and Taylor Freelance just made some +3 ext's for them. I have ZERO issues with this mag and ext combo. I also have 2 TF +8 and my 140's are currently Dawson's which I get 19 and I have 1 Arr which I get 20. With the 22rd mag and TF ext I get 25 in the mag and they are both reloadable. In the +8's I get 24 in both and both are reloadable.

I have 5 22rd factory glock mags. Never had a single issue with them. Also cheaper than buying a 15 and aftermarket extension. I also have 2 arredondo's that work well also, but I almost never use. My dad, shoots 9mm, has the "big stick" from Taylor Freelance and has had a few issues with it. It has been running good the last few matches though.

Fuentesd99, when do you use the 22 with the +3? Doesn't that put you over the 170mm limit for open?

I just put one of the TF base pads on my Glock 22rd mag and loading it with 357sig (i know I am weird) I was able to get 26 rounds in it without doing anything to the internals, I normally get 1 round more of sig in a big stick than i do with 40. that said I think that that new base on the 22rd mag is going to be the ticket for 40 open in Glocks.

and LoganbillJ I stud the new mag assemble next to my regular TF 170 extended mag and the length is the same, so should be good to go for 170mm (also TF says its good to go)

Mike

The Arredondo's hold 20 in my Glocks. I've never had a reliability issue with them. With their track record, I can recommend them without reservation. I have Dawson's on a second set of mags, and they are as reliable as the Arredondo's. However, I prefer the radiused edges on the Arredondo's. In addition, the Arredondo's are checkered on the bottom.