Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Ejector Drill Bit

walnutty

Hi Guys,

I have a Para that I need to install a new ejector in. Previously, I was able to install one using Dawson's drill bit (after watching his Youtube video). Though it worked, I noticed that the process left a lot of swirl/rough marks inside this crosspin hole. It looked kinda nasty to me but I figured it was just a one-time deal.

Because I did not shorten the ejector properly, i ruined it while shooting. http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=167823&hl=%2Binstall+%2Bejector

Now I have another new ejector to install. In my research I read several posts that advise against using a drill bit since this can enlarge the crosspin hole.

Any experiences with this? Should I just forget about the drill bit and install the new ejector using the traditional method? (Have never done this before)

I would appreciate your advise.

Thanks in advance!

If you are not going to use the drill bit method (I would but just go slow), when you mark the ejector leg (I used a flat punch) don't mark it too hard otherwise you will have a tough time getting the ejector out to file the leg. The mark made by the punch will give you the location where you need to file (round file preferred, although I know one guy who uses a triangle file).

I like the Brazos tuned ejector as it is already clearanced on the bottom of the ejector tip.