Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N310 load Data for 9mm and 9mm Major

greatlakes08

I am looking for some N310 load data for major and minor power factor using 115 gr RN and 147 gr RN. My current load is 3.1 gr with a 147 which is giving me between 900-930 FPS. If anyone is already using N310 and is willing to share load data for major it would be appreciated. Also if you have any favorite minor loads that would be nice as well.

N310 for major? Don't even TRY to go there. It's W-A-Y too fast a powder. I'm assuming you

want to load major for a comped open division gun? Heck--I've never even tried it for minor

with a 147, I usually use N320 for that.

Yep I want to run the major in an open comped gun. I have N320, N310, and HS 6 at my disposal. Any suggestions? The minor load I have currently runs great but I don' t think it is providing enough gas to make my comp run effectively. I have 147 and 115 RN projectiles.

Like everyone else said, no N310 for major...I've gone up to as much as 3.4 grains, with a light bullet...but wouldn't go any higher, or much higher than that. 3.1 behind a 147 gr plated and you're golden...i tested some load with a 124gr MG jacketed bullet for a six inch "steel gun/3-gun pistol" and went up to 3.4/3.5 with no visible signs of extensive pressure...but wouldn't go much higher than that...ever, with any bullet with N310..