Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ferrari or Toyota?

kamikaze1a

Is your slide lock setup to lock the slide? When I had my gun built the builder asked me if I want my slide to lock back on an empty mag. I chose to have him modify the slide lock so it doesn't. Even with unmodified followers my slide doesn't lock back on an empty mag.

When I got it, the slide stop was modified to not lock back at empty. I installed new stop and it would only lock back with certain mags. Installed longer 170mm mag springs and the slide locks back on all mags but sometimes will drop when I eject the mag. Slide lockback with certain mags problem free but other mags it will sometimes not push the stop up enough and slide will drop sometimes but not always.

You paid for SV. You get factory support, call the shop. Sounds like you might be messing with sucess, is the gun broken in?

You are correct, most LIM/OPEN shooters do not want the gun to lock back.

Unfortunately, I bought it used...does the warranty cover second owner?

I often get heat about my choice for lockback. The main reason is that our multi-gun match rules require ditching pistol with slide locked back and I feel it's quicker to shoot an extra shot or two to dry than to eject and manually lock the slide back. Additionally, I shoot L10 and can't seem to count to ten under the pressure of the COF.

Call Brandon at 972-513-1911 to see if he can help you with your pistol. If it is a factory built pistol, he may be able to help you out. Personally, I would put the original slide stop back in along with Grams guts in the mags and get used to locking the slide manually.

Thanks! I will give him a call. Is he with Strayer Voigt?

Yes Brandon is with SV & his last name just happens to be Strayer.

I would say glock is more like a ford fiesta, or a geo metro. Cheap, ugly and more or less functional.

Toyotas are top-quality vehicles without excessive luxury or finickiness, so a better toyota analogy would be to a mid-range 1911, like the STI Trojan.

:devil:

I'd just get the RIA labeled one instead of paying extra for the STI stamp :devil:

Kinda like buying a Porsche 944 :goof:

If you have handled them both and think a RIA is anything like a trojan, then you will probably love a glock.

I think that's some funny $hit! :cheers:

Shiny.

What was the subject of this post again?

What followers are you using? I think you would have better luck with factory followers to get the slide to lock back on last shot. Maybe the STI ones might fit.

I asked how to improve slide stop engagement. After installing 13 coil mag springs, I got reliable last shot slide lock back but finding that the stop often not fully engaging notch so slide stop slips from notch when the mag is released.

The current followers are STI followers. I will be trying a couple of things and will report results back.

Thanks!

Edited by kamikaze1a