TrukSnave

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Shot a match with Chad, Chris, and JJ. I made up a miss on a classifier?? That sucked. I think my initial classification will be C... I won 1 stage. I did ok on two more and I completely blew one stage! Note to self....Remember stage plans, shoot better, stop being a dumbass!!! I think that pretty much wraps it up

• 1 month later...

I shot WIIT 2014 on Saturday. I was using practice ammo, I ran out of match ammo and was waiting on an order of brass! I know to never do that again! I had a jam of 5 or 8 stages! I lost 15+ seconds on the day because of it. It turned out ok though, 6th in Open behinds 4 M's and an A... sucks that he squeaked in there! I won high C class.

I can't wait until the Florida Open!!!!

Edited by TrukSnave

Thanks Bob.

I have 5000 pieces of new brass for matches. This shouldn't be an issue anymore. Things seem to be really coming together with my shooting. Hard to believe 6 months ago I was almost finishing last in matches! I'm getting more confident with my abilities...not doubting myself as much. Seems to really help. Now I just need to shoot 2 alphas on targets. My times seem to be pretty good...on par with the M's. I am usually a few points down than most of them though.

Did some dry fire tonight. For some reason I just can't get my reloads fast. anything faster than this and mags start to fly. I don't know if its because i'm trying to hard or if my body just can't move that fast yet. Started to piss me off.. i'm going to chill out on the reloads for a couple days!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrdQoaVRVZ4&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_jyoVHP3Ms&feature=youtu.be

Edited by TrukSnave

Something to think about, for a 300 rd match:

1. 9-10 reloads

2. 10-11 draws,

3. 35 shooting positions

4. 130 splits

5. 160 transitions

6. 1500 points

Where do you have more opportunities to be better than the next guy.

Everywhere!

I have been practicing a lot on transitions and sits. Getting into position. I haven't been practicing reloads and draws in awhile. I wanted to practice it last night to make sure I'm not Losing any skills there. I think draws and reloads are the least important of all the skills. Only during a classifier or speed shoot do they make a big difference. I suck shooting classifiers so that really isn't a big concern right now!

I just ordered some Ben Stoeger dry fire metrics, poppers and plates. Can wait to get them set up and start using them! I wish I had them a couple months ago. They look pretty nice

• 2 weeks later...

OK so here is an update.

I have been having gun problems and mental problems! I keep having jams with my gun. We thought it was the extractor. We have tuned it a couple of times. Now It seems like it may be due to my hands. Sometimes I am not getting a proper grip with my support hand. Usually when I am rushing a reload, or after I break grip and i'm coming into a position? I'm not exactly sure whats going on. All I know is I have 3 weeks to fix it before Alabama. The other issue was...I kept dropping magazines. I was using the smallest mag release button I could find. But I still kept accidentally dropping the bloody things. After dropping 3 mags on 3 stages at the Florida Open...I finally took that thing off! I realized I don't need it. I can't drop mags without breaking grip with no button. I just thought I needed it since everyone has one.

I Shot a match at Rockcastle yesterday. Typically my mikes come from partials and long shots. Yesterday it was pulling off hosers at 7 yards? I focused on shooting the more difficult shots and disrespected the easy ones.. they blew up in my face! I was shooting coming into position on angled partials...that didn't work out very well! I should have settled down to shoot them. I don't think I have really shot angled targets like that yet. I need to practice on those. I also plugged to no shoots! I haven't shot a noshoot in months! WTF?? This just reaffirms that I need to call my shots on every target! I am still learning a ton of things at every match.

One thing I figured out yesterday....don't buy Interstate Batteries for your C-more. I replaced that battery in Florida last week. on the third stage yesterday...my dot was so faint I couldn't see it. I will be ordering Duracell's from now on.

Here is a vid of yesterday. you can see things I need to improve in this.

Edited by TrukSnave

• 3 weeks later...