Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kurt's Range Diary

TrukSnave

I shot the VA/MD Sectional on Friday. My movement and footwork is way better. I had a problem pulling off targets. 9 mikes. I finished 9th though. On the drive home at 5:30 AM we decided to go to a match in Owensboro KY! It was another 3.5 hours to our 10.5 hour trip home. I slept about 2 hours on the car ride. Owensboro has a great match! I shot ok but I was feeling a little tired and beat up from VA/MD. I still had some issues with pulling off a couple targets. I had a jam that cost me 10 seconds! Today I drove to Ft. Wayne with CB45 and shot a match! It was great as well! Had a little bit of everything. I feel like i'm getting better and still learning a lot! I'm in a bit of a slump as far as shooting points. Everything is starting to improve and the points took a hit. I'm tired! 3 matches in 3 days and 900 rounds. I think I will be ready to go next week at the Ohio Sectional!…if not maybe at the South Carolina Sectional the weekend after! If that doesn't work out then Area 5 is just a couple weeks after that!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been having a lot of makeup shots on steel. Zeroed the Cmore and it was a few inches high at 17-20. Maybe this will help? I have been thinking/beating myself up about it lately. I seems to nail steel pretty good after it was zeroed.

Ohio Sunday. can't wait. This should be a good match for me.

Seems we have been hoodwinked! Chad can not shoot groups as good as Rob, he as much as admitted it in his range diary. So both of our Cmores are suspect until we talk Rob into zeroing them.

Don't know how this will impact our scores, but I'm guessing about 3% down until we talk to Rob.

Geez, you think he'd have told us!

Seems we have been hoodwinked! Chad can not shoot groups as good as Rob, he as much as admitted it in his range diary. So both of our Cmores are suspect until we talk Rob into zeroing them.

Don't know how this will impact our scores, but I'm guessing about 3% down until we talk to Rob.

Geez, you think he'd have told us!

Rob can't shoot a single action trigger anymore!

apparently I need to check my mags before every match. Had a couple of killer jams mid match. It was going good then lost 10 seconds on a stage. Shot 2 more stages that were pretty good…then another jam…then another on the same stage. Then on the last stage my gun fell out of the holster when I bend down to pick up magazines…I picked up the gun and go DQ'd. Feed lips are out of spec again. just tuned them up a couple weeks ago. Springs are shot…they are 6 months old…figured they would last longer than that…guess not. I ordered a shit load of springs….going to replace them every case of bullets. They are too cheap to not replace every time I change my recoil spring. Also getting my mags tuned before this weekend.

South Carolina Sectional this weekend….can't wait.

Area 5 in a couple weeks...

• 3 weeks later...

I shot A5 and had a pretty good match. They best one yet, but still a lot of things to work on! I finished 2nd A in open 12th place. I had 4 no shoots, the bullet hole barley broke the perf. I was aiming for the tight alphas and kinda forgot that my dot is higher than the bullet at 5-7 yards. One mike that was out of anger! I had two jams on stage 11. I lost about 10 seconds…I just didn't feel like making up a mike….was ready for that stage to be over! on a couple other stages I had to rack my slide a few times because It didn't pick up a round after a reload? mag was seated all the way….not sure what happened! I learned a lot. i figured some things out.. going to keep practicing and hopefully continue to progress

My feed lips are out of spec again! I hate STI. I just had these things tuned a few weeks ago. I have been practicing with one set and matches with another….all of them are now .365-.370. I am over STI. I need to save up some cash and buy some SV mags. shit. STI I hate you

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I figured I would update this range diary. Since I haven't been updating this very often I will just recap my year.

I practiced (live Fire) 3 Times a week

Shot a local match every Sunday

And shot 15 Majors.

34-38,000 rounds....lost count

didn't dryfire...should have though.

I started shooting USPSA in July of 2013

SSTK for 4 months

started shooting Open November 17th 2013

I should have made Master In June 14' but a classifier got screwed up.

I will be making Master on the December update.

I made a shit load of friends from all the matches I have been to!!!

I have Improved more than I ever thought was possible in one year. When I started shooting...I couldn't believe how fast people could shoot and actually hit targets! I thought it would take me 5-10 years to be as good as them. I never would have imagined I could go this far in one year!!! CB45....Chad Boncquet has coached me since September of 2013. If it weren't for him I would still be terrible. I still have a ton of work to do to reach where I want to be. I made huge gains all year....now the hard part begins. I have to work on small things that never mattered to me up till now. I could get away with a 1.30 draw and 1.60 reloads. I got away with mikes, deltas, and two charlies. I even got the nickname "2 Charlie" I shot worse points than almost everyone...but I usually did it faster...and it worked. When I first started...everyone told me to slow down and get my hits....I never listened. People made fun of amount of mikes I had at a Match. All year everything fluctuated...my points would get better....then I would get faster with worse points..then the points got better.. I still shoot bad points faster than most people...eventually they will be where I want them...until then I will keep practicing and getting better. If I would have slowed down and tried to shoot good points...I would have never advanced like I have. I need to work on shooting steel....I struggle with having no patience...its hard for me to let the dot settle before letting them rip on steel. Some matches I do well. Others not so much! I am losing the most time at a match from make up shots on steel. I typically loose a second or more on stages that have steel. The good news is...i'm usually only a second or two behind the top GM"s. If I can clean this up...I will be closer to where I need to be!

I'm tired of

Edited by TrukSnave

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...