Kurt's Range Diary

TrukSnave

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I shot the Alabama match on Saturday. It was a really fun match! I ended up with 6 mikes! I hit the targets but they went through the barrels first! I think they either need to change that rule or I need to stop shooting barrels! I have been running faster than I can shoot the targets and overrun them! I need to practice this a little more! I ended up first place C class. And 19th in Open. Without the mikes I would have done a lot better! Oh well it was fun! Congratulations to Chad for 2nd M and CHris S for 3rd in Limited!

Just watched the video from the Bama match. See several things I need to work on before Area 6. Shooting on the move and footwork. There were 2 stages where I overran targets and had to lean back to get them. wasn't very efficient! I ran my mag dry on a stage that really screwed me…add 2 seconds please! I think things are getting better every match I shoot. I'm getting closer to where I want to be. Some more practice these next few weeks. I had 2 fifth place stages a 10th and 15th. Without mikes on the other stages they would have all been top 10 stages. I need to stop shooting through barrels while shooting on the move! I feel like I have Xray vision and I can see the targets through the barrels….problem is I just can't see the barrel!

I shot my fist local Indiana match of the year today. I shot pretty Ok. Could have done things better. Still need to fine tune some things. Won open and HOA for the match. CB45 was shooting production so he let me have this win!

ScreenShot2014-03-23at43556PM.png

Edited by TrukSnave

I'm shooting SS in the morning...prob should have dryfired it! This will be messy! I tried to practice the other day but it turned into me trying to see how fast I could burn through a a mag! I literally shot 200 rounds at nothing!

• 3 weeks later...

You are doing well! I hope those who have been nagging you over your classification take a look at your classification history. There are people who stay in C class for years. You've been doing thus for less than a year. That is awesome.

You are putting in the work, and deserve the rewards! Your classification may change, but your work ethic shouldn't. Continue to practice and you will get results no matter what class you are in.

Good job!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Boom! That's how you do it. New to A class in 10 months, Congratulations!

Go back and read your range diary from page one. Its crazy how much better you are now.