Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production at the World Shoot....

dirtypool40

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to Production Division discussion;

Vince, I have a question for you: Since we all know Sevigny shoots for/with Glock, what about the next 5 top finishers at the last World shoot? Specifically, what Production gun did these guys select?:

2 97.82 2799.6130 Paul Brocanelli ITA

3 97.27 2783.7473 Guillermo Jude URU

4 93.50 2675.9473 Giovanni Zuccolo ITA

5 92.58 2649.6260 Jan Knapp CZE

6 92.36 2643.2018 Stefano Iacomini ITA

These are obviously very accomplished IPSC competitors, but here in the USA, they are not exactly well-known names in the Production field & I am curious about their chosen equipment. Thanks Vince.

AFAIK,

2nd Brocanelli shot a Tanfoglio Stock

3rd Jude shot a Jericho/Baby Eagle

4th Zucculo shot a Tafoglio Stock

5th Knapp shot a CZ 75

6th Iacomini shot a Tanfoglio Stock

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Looks like a win for Glock and the CZ + clones 2nd to 6th.

Carlos,

I think Spook is correct with the gun information, however as I'm sure you know, 3 years is a long time in IPSC. Competitors who might have been only 15-16 years old in 2002 and "immature", will be 18-19 years old in 2005, and that's basically how Eric Grauffel suddenly appeared on the radar a few years back.

Thanks for the stats Spook!

I wonder if CZs/CZ-clones will continue to dominate Production division after the World Shoot?

Vince, I agree w/ you & I think it is an accomplishment for our sport that many of our current top contenders are (or began as) juniors. I am not discounting the threat posed by the so-called "old farts," but the success of junior programs deserves recognition. Good work folks!

No problem Carlos :)

I wonder if CZs/CZ-clones will continue to dominate Production division after the World Shoot?

Well, first place was taken with a Glock. And at the EC2004 1st place Adam Tyc shot a Glock as well. No one brand/style of gun has dominated the Division so far. I think the Rules Committee did a really good job at that. You can just pick any gun from the approved list with a satisfactory capacity (15 or more) and win the World Shoot with it B)

Some guns are just more popular than others. In eastern European countries CZ's and Glocks rule. In Italy Tanfoglios and Berettas are king. In Germany, Glocks HKs etc. etc.

Ouch! That one stung a little..........but just a little.

Hey Matt, keep in mind, that we'll basically be shooting the same guns, your's just might hold more rounds....whimpy ones, though.

:P

Still haven't found a volunteer to stand in front of them though....

Spent a day last week filming Sevigny and Julie Goloski for an episode of SHOOTING GALLERY (figure late February airing, with the episode focused on shooting and moving and how to 'game' competition stages).

Sevigny is shooting better than I've ever seen him shoot (and I've seen him shoot real good), and he is big time focused on the Worlds. Unless something really drastic happens, I can't imagine that he's beatable.

Also, since Mike & Mike moved the Steel Challenge (WHAT A SHOCK! MATCH DIRECTORS WHO ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO SHOOT THEIR MATCH!), we'll be in Equador filming the World Shoot, so you'll all get to see Sevigny shoot, too. Thanks, M&M!

mb

2nd Brocanelli shot a Tanfoglio Stock

3rd Jude shot a Jericho/Baby Eagle

4th Zucculo shot a Tafoglio Stock

5th Knapp shot a CZ 75

6th Iacomini shot a Tanfoglio Stock

Spook,

Now, I have 1st-6th. Could I have 7th-10th ?

Where of your source ? Because I want to watch WSXII (Cebu, Phil) 1st-10th Production Div also.

Because I want to watch WSXII (Cebu, Phil) 1st-10th Production Div also.[/color]

Ray, there was no Production Division at WSXII in Cebu - the division was only approved at the General Assembly in Cebu, so the first matches offering PD were in Y2K.

WSXIII in South Africa was the first World Shoot to offer Production Division.

Ray, there was no Production Division at WSXII in Cebu - the division was only approved at the General Assembly in Cebu, so the first matches offering PD were in Y2K.

WSXIII in South Africa was the first World Shoot to offer Production Division.

:o Thank you, Vince

Ray,

on the very first page of this thread: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=211002... ;)

I would like to know what kind of pistols in the top Production shooters.

Skywalker, I do not found this info from your link.

Thanks Spook. A bit wondering that most are Tanfoglio in top 6 last WS.

In my country (Thailand), CZ & Glock are most success marketing both law enforcement or civilian defense.

Tanfoglio are not in top 5 best selling semi-auto pistols here.

Why the importer here use this info to promote ? B)

Ray,

As you know, Tanfoglio pistols are made in Italy, and they have an extensive range of models, so this adds to their popularity with Italian competitors, who placed 2nd, 4th & 6th in PD at WSXIII.

Yes, like Czecky are use CZ pistols (in all division, except Revolver) :)

But Glock.....everywhere....... :lol:

..................no handgun has ever been catalogued with more than 16 or 17 rounds mag capacity. Even Glock 17 was initially catalogued with 15+mag capacity... <_<

This is why the Tanfoglio website lists the gun as 16+1 capacity. But the real truth is quite different.........

Probably this will be true. If you look at the Stock Custom in .40 S&W caliber you will see it has a 15 round magazin. Same frame and a 16 shot mag in 9mm is a to little difference.

Example:

The new SAUER X-Five has a 14 round mag in .40 S&W caliber and a 19 rounds mag in 9mm.

For this reason I allready ordered a Tanfoglio Stock Custum in 9mm. When I have it I will tell you how many rounds it has in its mag.