Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production at the World Shoot....

dirtypool40

OK, I know this is probably stirring up a hornet's nest, but here's the question;

Once you take out production's version of Jerry Mikulek, aka Dave Sevigny, how do the production shooters around the world stack up?

I hear great things about the CZechs, and we often hear from solid Production guys on the forums. Langdon is good, but so is Minkster, Angus and the rest.

Is it a real horse race if Dave does not show?

How far ahead of the field did he finish in the 2002 WS?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DP40,

EU champion, Adam Tyc is a real challenge: at EC 2004 he won by a 2.60% margin (54 match points) over Angus. He's only 18 and has shot incredibly well this year all over Europe: at the Mediterraneran Cup (a 28 stages, 450 round minimum match) he scored 1st in Production, leaving Stephane Quertinier 2nd at 84.xx% (Quertinier scored 12th at EC 2004 with 91.xx%).

Former Italian Champion, Paolo Brocanelli, who scored 2nd at WSXIII with 97.98 %of Sevigny is a good shot too, but he didn't score a good performance at EC 2004, ending up in 8th place at 83.xx%.

As per WSXIII results, Italian team is reigning team champion in Production, while according to EC 2004, Czech Prod. team is reigning champion, with Italy in 2nd place.

Guess at WSXIV the USA Prod. team will face a fierce competition ;) .

I assume that Italy shoots pasta rockets?

Yep,

the recipe for a good load is:

maccheroni.jpg

9mm maccheroni brass, fluted to avoid sticking to the chamber with hot loads.

cappero.jpg

Capperi (Capers) primers, to ignite your taste.

sugopom3.JPG

sugo all'arrabbiata (tomato with chili) gunpowder, because it burns as hell.

img_fusilli.jpg

short fusilli bullets, because they engage the rifling as nothing else will.

Load in your pot press for 10 mins, and you're ready to go... :P

(Not sure if this should go into the Reloading Forums as well, Flex please move it if you feel like... :P )

DP,

Sorry to interrupt "The Martha Stewart Of Bologna" but here are the actual results for Production Division from WSXIII in South Africa in 2002:

1 100.00 2861.8622 David Sevigny USA

2 97.82 2799.6130 Paul Brocanelli ITA

3 97.27 2783.7473 Guillermo Jude URU

4 93.50 2675.9473 Giovanni Zuccolo ITA

5 92.58 2649.6260 Jan Knapp CZE

6 92.36 2643.2018 Stefano Iacomini ITA

7 92.29 2641.2583 Bruce Gray USA

8 92.16 2637.4374 Nelson Uygongco PHI

As much as I'm a huge fan of Dave Sevigny, you cannot compare his win in Production Division to Jerry Miculek's unequivocal dominance in Revolver Standard Division, when he beat the Swiss guy in second place by almost 15%, and the Italian guy in 3rd place by 20%:

1 100.00 3090.4017 844 Jerry Miculek USA

2 84.65 2616.0459 798 Daniel Roch SUI

3 80.47 2486.7063 567 Alain Marco Della Savia ITA

Also remember that Production Division made it's World Shoot debut in 2002 and, since then, it's been growing by leaps and bounds, so I expect Dave will have an even tougher field to face in Ecuador next year.

I think you're right, I was under the impression he was out 15% or more ahead of the world. Now the rest of the US shooters need to catch up and help Dave take the team title.

Vince, where are the scores? I want to look through the stages, esp for Standard.

Drifting to Revolver,

I expect the gap between Miculek and other revolver competitors to shrink at WS XIV, since Spook won EC 2004 with a 17% margin on Della Savia, and there were some 14 european competitors between the two of them... ;)

Drifting to Revolver,

I expect the gap between Miculek and other revolver competitors to shrink at WS XIV, since Spook won EC 2004 with a 17% margin on Della Savia, and there were some 14 european competitors between the two of them... ;)

FYI: Last I heard, Jerry was not planning on attending World Shoot. Will let you know if I hear change in plans.

FYI: Last I heard, Jerry was not planning on attending World Shoot. Will let you know if I hear change in plans.

Please keep us (me especially ;)) posted. I was especially going to see how I perform compared to Jerry. If he's not going ( :( ), I'd rather attend next years US Nationals.

BTW, on topic, I think Dave is a great shooter, but there is some real talent in Europe and South America especially in Production Division. Adam Tyc was only 17 when he won the EC2004. I think he will do just fine at the World Shoot. Also, let's not forget that Guillermo Jude was ahead of Sevigny for the first three days of the last World Shoot. Production Division is a very tough division.

"Jerry not shooting WCIV" is news to me, as last we talked he was up for forming a US Team. Reneet, if something has changed, the boys and I have some thinking to do.

Sorry, I was mistaken. Last time I talked to him about it, he said he wasn't going since it conflicted with Steel Challenge. Since Mike moved the Steel Challenge, apparently Jerry will be able to attend both matches.

What a great thread! I love hearing/reading about Production related topics.

Here in the USA it seems that the Glock 34 is a very popular pistol for the Production division in USPSA.

Could anyone provide me with some insight as to what pistols are most popular in the Production division in the IPSC world? I would love to hear what some of the top competitors use.

Thanks in advance,

Cor

P.S. I am not sure if this post should be in a new thread...

Here in the Philippines, the most common pistols you'll see in PD are the CZ-75B/85B/85 Combat, IMI Jericho, Tanfoglio Combat/Stock, Glock 17, Beretta 92, and Para P18-9 LDA. You'll see a few HK's, Sigs, Rugers and S&W's.

Hands down, the most popular are the CZ, CZ clones and the Glock.

Hopefully, the Philippines will be able to field some worthy competition in Prod. I hear one's also shooting a glock so that should get the gun out of the equation. :P

Unfortunately, our Prod hope Nelson Uygonco (8th last WS, 92.16% of Dave) shifted to modified div. I'm guessing most of our big shooters are jumping towards modified div this coming WS14.

I'm guessing most of our big shooters are jumping towards modified div this coming WS14.

And that, my friend, is truly a disappointment.

As much as I personally like Modified, it's becoming our least popular division, and I would much rather see our top Filipino competitors enter a far more active division and lose, than win a 10 horse race.

cruiten

Production is dominated by Glock 17, but a lot of shooters are also using HK’s and CZ’s.

The new production gun from Tanfoglio however is looking very good.

f65f0112.jpg

According to Eric Grauffel you can get a capacity of 21+1 (9mm) in the gun!

According to Eric Grauffel you can get a capacity of 21+1 (9mm) in the gun!

If I'm not mistaken, the subject gun is the "Stock Custom". If so, according to the Tanfoglio website (on which the IPSC Production Division Committee based it's approval), the subject gun only holds 16+1 rounds of 9mm. In fact, no guns are listed as 21+1 rounds.

Where exactly did Eric state that the gun could hold 21+1 rounds?

Vince,

a slight confusion will always take place if you look at italian declared capacity of gun magazines.

I'll try to explain: according to Italian laws, each and every gun sold in our country has to be included in the approved list for sales (similar to the one that's enforced in California), and it has to be tested at the National Benchmark.

Problem is that each gun has to be catalogued in a specific configuration: I mean barrel lenght, mag capacity, overall dimensions etc, because it is illegal to alter the approved gun configuration to increase the firepower and/or effectiveness. E. g.: you cannot rebarrel a gun in a different caliber, you cannot chop its barrel to increase concealability, you cannot increase mag capacity (...), unless you are legally entitled to do such mods (you need a special firearms machining license) and submit your "new" gun for catalogation. This is also the reason for which silencers are banned here.

Given this introduction, I will say that for reasons unknown to me, generally speaking, no handgun has ever been catalogued with more than 16 or 17 rounds mag capacity. Even Glock 17 was initially catalogued with 15+mag capacity... <_<

This is why the Tanfoglio website lists the gun as 16+1 capacity. But the real truth is quite different.

I once owned a tanfoglio T95F, the cheap version of the old Stock: it was catalogued as 15+1, but in each of the 4 original mags you could easily stuff 17 rounds. I went on to ask if there was any legal implication should I ever use for self-defense a gun that was different from the catalogued version since its release from the factory, but never got a reply.

Guess it's one of those italian things where everybody knows, but everybody pretends not to know it... :ph34r: