Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

124 gr.Berry HBRN with wst powder

CZ85

Loading these for my CZ 85 combat for IDPA.

OAL is great at 1.140. But where do I start my min load. Cant find any data except here :)

I need at least the 125 PF for my new sport.

Is starting at 3.9 grains to low. Im reading that people settle in at around the 4.3 grain range.

It seems this powder has a small window between min and max loads.

Oh I do have a chrono so what am I looking for as far as the fps goes with these berrys and also x-treme and RMR bullets

Want to test all 3 bullets and finally pick the right one

4.7 ???

I did find this so Im really confused. Are you sure your talking WST and not WSF ??

Loads from IDPA/USPSA guys
124gr - 1.140" - WST - 4.2gr. 4.7gr

124gr. WST - 4.3gr -1.140" PF 130 +/-

4.7 ???

I did find this so Im really confused. Are you sure your talking WST and not WSF ??

Loads from IDPA/USPSA guys
124gr - 1.140" - WST - 4.2gr. 4.7gr

124gr. WST - 4.3gr -1.140" PF 130 +/-

The only way to be sure is a chrono, which i have. I can bet you dinner 4.3 will not make 130 pf. See if you can borrow a chrono or buy one. thye are about $100 and its easier to reload with one.

I have gone through about 24# of WST the past couple of years.

Edited by Sandbagger123

4.0 only got me 117 PF with plated bullets in a 4.5" CZ barrel so I would load ten rounds each: 4.4, 4.6, 4.8 and shoot them over a crono. I'm guessing all your bullets types will produce very similar velocities, so I wouldn't bother comparing them until you find your charge weight, then shoot them for groups side by side.

4.0 only got me 117 PF with plated bullets in a 4.5" CZ barrel so I would load ten rounds each: 4.4, 4.6, 4.8 and shoot them over a crono. I'm guessing all your bullets types will produce very similar velocities, so I wouldn't bother comparing them until you find your charge weight, then shoot them for groups side by side.

I have either Federal primers, Winchester WSP or CCI. Does it make a difference

As long as they're all small pistol primers, the brand doesn't have a significant effect on velocity; some say magnum pistol primers and small rifle primers bump the velocity by 30-40 fps, but they're harder too so if you have a light hammer spring I would stick to Federals if you can get them. I just use CCI or Winchester for minor loads.

As long as they're all small pistol primers, the brand doesn't have a significant effect on velocity; some say magnum pistol primers and small rifle primers bump the velocity by 30-40 fps, but they're harder too so if you have a light hammer spring I would stick to Federals if you can get them. I just use CCI or Winchester for minor loads.

My 85 came from CZ custom already with a sweet trigger job. I just got the gun a month ago. It was new from CZ custom last year. So I guess I will use my federals for this one

• 1 year later...