Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where?

michael_aos

If there is any way possible for you to join a gun club that has a habit of ordering a "truck" shipment fairly often, take advantage. When our club orders a clay target shipment, components come with them. We place an order with the club manager and receive shipment every 3-4 weeks. Wholesale prices, no Hazmat, no shipping charges, and lead shot cheaper than any freakin' dealer in the world ( because we order so much).

Montana Gold Bullets

Powder Valley

Order all of the powder and bullets that you can afford at one time, get friends in on the order too. Primers and powder can be shipped under one $25 hazmat fee. I try to order 10,000 primers and 16lbs. of powder in an order to save money.

Thank you for the links.

I ordered 1000 Montana Gold 180gr FMJ directly from Montana Gold for $79.65 + $5.00 shipping.

Now I see Powder Valley sells the same Montana Gold bullets for $61.00 (plus the same $5.00 shipping). They also do quantity 500 for $32.50, which would have been plenty for starters.

:blink:

Darn in.

On to powder & primers.

Mike

Shipping is a major problem with reloading supplies. Projectiles are heavy. Powder and primers incur HazMat fees.

Get with your local clubs and see what deals they are putting together. We have a shooter who is in the trucking business. He is generous enough to have one of his trucks do a drive-by and pick up a crate of locally manufactured lead projectiles every so often. Result..$30 / 1000. We also are joining efforts to bulk purchase Precision's black bullets. Result..$45 / 1000. Another gentleman has a 'hobby business' (e-reloading.com) of retail reloading supplies. Powder and primers are sourced through him and I pick them up when I'm in the area.

I buy my projectiles and primers in lots of 5000. Powder in 4lb jugs and really ought to be doing 8lb jugs to maintain the same lot number for a longer period of time. Less time at the chrono.

Be creative. Find others who have similiar needs and join forces for bulk purchases.

I like Montana Gold as well. Price is not so much the issue as much as accuracy. All 3 of my 9mm guns like them :D

I've got powder from Powder Valley as well. Excelent pricing and service.

I've also ordered from Graf & Sons. Good for the Vectan powders as well as VV & Hogdon,

I like to get a bunch of friends together and order primers from T&T reloading supply. If you order 25k primers or more, they pay the hazmat, and you pay shipping. That generally comes out to less than a buck extra per k of primers. They have decent prices.

I generally get powder locally at my club, but T&T has a similar thing with powders, and if you order more than a certain amount, they will ship that also sans the hazmat and you pay only cost plus shipping.

Vince

Thank you for the links.

I ordered 1000 Montana Gold 180gr FMJ directly from Montana Gold for $79.65 + $5.00 shipping.

Now I see Powder Valley sells the same Montana Gold bullets for $61.00 (plus the same $5.00 shipping). They also do quantity 500 for $32.50, which would have been plenty for starters.

:blink:

Darn in.

On to powder & primers.

Mike

Shipping is an add-on with Powder Valley and the $5.00 is in addition to their regular shipping charges if the order is going to a residential address. You need to call Powder Valley and have them calculate your actual shipping charges. To realize any significant savings on MG bullets from Powder Valley, you need to order a minimum of 3 cases.

WWW.Grafs.com will pay the haz-mat fee on orders of powder 32 LBS. and up.

Last 32 LB order was $ 4.75 shipping total.

WWW.MidwayUSA.com has some deals on bullets that might be worth looking at too.

Travis F.

• 5 weeks later...

MIke,

As you see there are many places to order. I get together with club members to bulk order bullets from MG.

At major matches, you can preorder from vendors or if you get there early they bring pirmers, powder and bullets and you get a good price from them.

Another resource I use is the local gun show. We have a guy that travels the gun show circuit and he usually has powder and primers at a good discount.

If you can, support our sponsors, if not, get it where it is the cheapest.

FWIW,

dj

Another resource I use is the local gun show. We have a guy that travels the gun show circuit and he usually has powder and primers at a good discount.

I guess I need to check the gun shows again.

I'd been going pretty regularly and I thought the prices on OTHER things were way out of line. Really high on magazines, no discounts on firearms. Knives were generally more expensive than mail-order / internet places.

I have gotten some good deals previous-year closeouts / discontinued models.

I guess I never really looked that closely at reloading supplies in the past. I've looked at reloaded ammo, and again I thought the prices sucked.

I skipped the last one here in the Springs. There's one in Denver in January.

Mike