Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Questions about XD for SSP

LSnSC

If I am understanding correctly, the XD's will be allowed in SSP when the new rules take effect. Ive been shooting my XDm 5.25 in ESP. It's stock except for the front sight, I ditched the FO for a black blade, and the trigger, a Powder River drop in. My only concern is the trigger. Are the Powder River triggers SSP legal?

Is the trigger stop visible? If it is, you can't use it in SSP, per 8.2.1.3.7. Internal action work may be used to enhance trigger pull as long as safety is maintained (no visible external modifications allowed).

If it isn't visible, you should be good to go.

This Drop in Trigger Kit fits all XDM pistols including the new XDM5.25". The kit contains our famous striker safety lever, to remove the long trigger pre-travel on the XDM trigger. Reduced power: trigger spring, sear spring, striker safety spring and striker spring, to lower the pull weight. Our trigger is made of tough light weight polymer that helps speed up the reset. It also has an integral over travel stop on the back of the trigger. Using this method of over travel stop removes added stress on the trigger bar that are present with any of the other over travel stop methods. This trigger is a Springfield Armory OEM part available on production XD and XDM pistols from the factory (see APPENDIX D4 21.6 Production Division Rules). When installed correctly, the kit will give you a short crisp trigger pull (about 3.5-4.5lbs) with a fast reset and shorten the total trigger pull length. Fits all XDMs.

I read the website too. But the question is - Is the over travel stop part of the original XD/XDM trigger or was it added. If it was added and it is visible, then it is an exterior modification and is not allowed for SSP

I read the website too. But the question is - Is the over travel stop part of the original XD/XDM trigger or was it added. If it was added and it is visible, then it is an exterior modification and is not allowed for SSP

I have to remember it's SSP not just ESP and that it not a internal set.

So yes the bump being added to the STOCK trigger would be a mod :(

I would like to check further into this. According to PRP, "This trigger is a Springfield Armory OEM part available on production XD and XDM pistols from the factory". If that is true, then according to 8.2.1.3.3 this would be a legal modification.

Edited by Dacsoft

if you can look at the gun and it looks different than stock, (talking about the trigger and internal vs external modifications) then esp. if everything about it is inside, you're good to go for ssp.