Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versa Max Trigger

jjman15

Does anyone know of any aftermarket parts for the trigger on the versa-max? I've got the tactical & the springs are all real crunchy and the hammer is already dented on the face a little. I've read others have swapped their hammer with an M2 hammer but thats about all i've seen regarding the trigger. Any other advice is appreciated

• 1 month later...

I sent my trigger group to C-Rums and he did trigger work and welded the lifter. it was under 100 as I recall

Did you notice any difference in the feel of the trigger? I'm not looking for anything crazy just a little lighter and not so crunchy.

I needed my VM lifter welded, so I sent the whole trigger group to Crums and got a trigger job as well. It felt a LOT lighter than stock, but I had a substantial number of light strikes. He sent the stock hammer spring back with the trigger group, so I put it back in and the problems stopped. I think the trigger still feels better than stock even with the stock hammer spring, but not by a huge margin.

I sent my trigger group to C-Rums and he did trigger work and welded the lifter. it was under 100 as I recall

Did you notice any difference in the feel of the trigger? I'm not looking for anything crazy just a little lighter and not so crunchy.

yes, he did a good job lighting it up. it was not crazy light. and you only need to send in the trigger group.

Diddo. I pulled the entire trigger group on my Versa. Sent it to c-rums for a trigger job and lifter weld. The trigger came back much better. Nothing like what we have all come to expect as a match trigger, but much better.

I sent my 26" VM to C-rums in March 2012. Trigger job, XS sight in the rib, welded lifter, some internal work, large bolt release button. Some people may cringe at slug targets on stages, but I think I do very well with this gun. Runs smooth, shoots straight (and fairly "soft").