Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm barrel in a 40 TS

spraynpray

I'm following this topic with great interest. A pal let me check out his 9mm TS at a recent steel match. What a beautiful blaster! But Limited Minor isn't appealing, which means a .40 conversion.

Also, what about changing the slide, barrel, and recoil spring as a unit?

Edited by Andreas

Yes, I've done it without any problems. I tried it with .40 mags at first, but as I got to the last few rounds in the mag it would upchuck.

As far as the other way around, that's called .41 Action Express, the first Jerichos were available with conversion mags and barrels, hence the name: Jericho 941.

CZ-USA lists one ejector for the Tactical Sport, so it might be the same for 9MM and .40 unlike the CZ75B. From what I can see the CZ75B .40 is OK for 9 & .40 but 9MM ejector might not fit a .40.

Maybe this is where my FauxTS would fit in, as a limited minor / steel gun in 9MM. Only $150 to find out.....

Edited by tortuga

I've been running a 9mm barrel in my 40 top end with no problem. You can't run a 40 barrel in a 9mm slide, it won't fit.

Where does it bind/wobble/whatever? I would think you could go both ways if all outer dimensions of the barrel are the same; if they aren't, how can you go .40 to 9?

Edited by tortuga

So a 9 barrel into a 40 TS will work, but not a 40 barrel into a 9 TS? Seems odd, why?

In a TS the 9mm barrels and 40 barrels have identical outside dimensions, so yes it will fit, but you won't be able to chamber a 40 round using a 9mm slide because the breech face is too small.

Chambering a 9mm round with a 40 slide works because the rim of a 9mm is smaller than the cutout in the breech face. The extractor is the same part for 9mm and 40, but the are not in the same place on the slide so is you shoot 9mm with a 40 slide you're grabbing the rim with the tip of the extractor, will this be a problem over time? Your guess is as good as mine.

I'm no Glock guy, but I believe the 40-9 conversion barrels come with a custom extractor which is longer than the stock 40 extractor.