Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any one using Oregon laser bullets for .40 and/or .45?

Mikelindsey

I have not used Oregon product for years. I tried 40 cal , 44cal, 45 colt and 45 acps back then could not get them to stop depositing lead in my barrels. I have nothing except nice things to say about the company they tried to help me but the problems still existed. I was shouting PPC league at the time and just couldn't deal with the lead in my 44mag 629 or my 45 acp. They bought back all the many thousand bullets I purchased . As a side note these bullets were extremely accurate. I used several powders, 231,#5, vit 340, clays,universal, unique, 700x, 800x, red dot, maybe I would have better luck today but I have stocked up on molly bullets over the years. have never had to loo back.

good luck keep trying

I shot a lot of them out of revolver at one time,they worked great but only in 38 special.The real reason I stopped using them was the PRICE. Have not checked in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried almost all of the popular lead bullet brands in my Wilson and the Laser-Cast are clearly the cleanest shooting. If you are having problems, you might want to try changing powders as an option. For me, a 0.452" 200 grain LSWC Laser-Cast with VV N310 or WST are very, very clean. Just a thought.