Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Vinci - FTE (which spring?)

j28s

I have a Vinci. Used it at a couple matches and all was good. Now for some reason the spent shells won't eject...as if not enough recoil to get them to fully function. Called Benelli and they were not helpful...saying I didn't fully break it in...150+ rounds of 3" magnum shells (granted I did 100 3" magnum and all worked good).

Question. They don't have a low recoil spring, so I'm thinking of getting another spring and cutting a coil off. What do you think? If so, then which spring? (036A - Inertia Spring) or (100X - Bolt return spring - betting this one, but didn't want to assume if someone else knows)?

Thanks.

I have a similar question...

I broke my vinci in as recommended and it ran great from day one in the factory configuration and has been flawless with everything from light bulk loads of 2.75dram up thro heavy hunting loads. My round count is now around 600rds (I wanted to make sure I liked it and it functioned fine before I bought the extended tube and opened up the loading port).

As soon as I change out the mag tube with the 10rd one, the gun will no longer run reliable with anything lighter than win AA 3dr (1,250fps) and will not run any kind of bulk junk (im assuming this is an issue with the added weight of the tube and the inertia system?).

I realize that this is not a warranty problem as the gun works great with a 3dram load of AA's. Im happy with the way gun shoots and feels but is there anything that one can do to get it to work with 2.75dr loads (1150fps) as I read about quite a few people running this lighter loads in benelli's with no problem?

I run the cheapo Walmart 100 packs with no problem, even with the RCI tube. I wouldn't think changing the recoil spring would fix this since it's so light. I thought the action worked off of compressing the main bolt spring (or whatever the proper name is). Is the un-rolled crimp catching the shell on its way out, or is it not even extracting?

Its extracting the shells fine and then closing without going far enough back to activate the carrier/lifter. This leaves a live round sitting on the carrier and all you need to do is rack the bolt and go back to shooting (until it jams a few rounds later).

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it just likes some shells and doesn't other shells. Mine will not cycle Rio, Federal, and the other less than 2 3/4 dram shells. But it WILL cycle Remington Gun Club 2 3/4 dram, Winchester AA 1145fps and 1300fps shells with ZERO problems. I ran all Remington Gun Club shells at this past weekends 3gun and didn't have any issues. Benelli support said it will not cycle anything 2 3/4 dram and under. Only 3 and up. With that said...guess I'll be using the ones that work and every once in a while try the Federal and Rio shells to see if they work...since I have like 2000 of the those collecting dust. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Wondering how a pistol grip on a Vinci with 10 tube would affect cycling? Anyone tried yet? Most of you that know me know it will have a pistol grip on it if I shoot it. Is the pistol grip going to cause cycling issues? Want to make sure it will cycle. I like to shoot 1250fps loads anyway.

Anybody?

Wondering how a pistol grip on a Vinci with 10 tube would affect cycling? Anyone tried yet? Most of you that know me know it will have a pistol grip on it if I shoot it. Is the pistol grip going to cause cycling issues? Want to make sure it will cycle. I like to shoot 1250fps loads anyway.

Anybody?

Benelli has a factory configured pistol gripped vinci. They call it steadygrip

A pistol grip on a Vinci will not effect function like it can on the M1/2/4 series, since all the springs are contained inside the receiver.

And while we are on it, the reason "some" 2 3/4 dram shells will work and others won't has everything to do with the burn rate of the powder, and almost nothing to do with the dram weight equivalent. The faster the powder the more "peak recoil" to compress the inertia spring. That is why some guys can run them and some guys can't...it depends on the powder in the shell.