Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not checking factory Ammo

glandry51

Shooting a USPSA club match and on the first stage, 2 double feeds. Second stage, another double feed. THEN looked at the ammo more closely and from the pic you can see what happened. Lesson learned, check your ammo!

The first 6 rounds from the left are from the same box, then a reload and another factory round for comparison. Had another competitor there had the same problem with the same manufacture.

post-47398-0-95097800-1375103070_thumb.j

I don't want to mention company's name on here until I hear back from them. I sent them a picture and an e-mail yesterday and waiting for their response. I want to give them a chance to plead their case and see if they make it right.

Edited by glandry51

This will be the Reader's Digest version of their reply.

1. Sorry

2. Do you have the lot number? Where did you buy it? Do you have a receipt?

3. Send us back the defective ammo (if lucky a shipping label will be sent)

4. One for one box replacement

I don't want to mention company's name on here until I hear back from them. I sent them a picture and an e-mail yesterday and waiting for their response. I want to give them a chance to plead their case and see if they make it right.

Who do people do this?

Just say what brand it is.. maybe people have the same brand and should be checking their ammo more closely. You aren't giving them a bad name if they put out bad product, if they have great customer service they will fix you up regardless. It drives me crazy when people bring attention to a problem with product they have, then won't say who manufactured the product, like it's some code. I don't get it.

1. Sorry

Almost correct. They did send me a return label, no questions asked. I sent them back about 75 rounds (what I had left of my order), and they sent me 500 rounds in return. Customer Service was outstanding!

Who do people do this?

Just say what brand it is.. maybe people have the same brand and should be checking their ammo more closely. You aren't giving them a bad name if they put out bad product, if they have great customer service they will fix you up regardless. It drives me crazy when people bring attention to a problem with product they have, then won't say who manufactured the product, like it's some code. I don't get it.

The topic of this thread was not about this manufacturer, it was about not examining factory ammunition before a match and how that can be a bad decision. I have been on enough forums and seen too many people lambasted for not giving the manufacturer the time to make the situation right before calling them out. My goal here again, was not to call out the manufacture (this does happen at times, it's if they make it right that's important) but to bring to attention the need to examine all of your ammo BEFORE shooting a match.

On the range training one day with the snipers from my department and we had 2 rounds of match grade ammo with NO primer. 2 different shooters on the same training day. Ammo used to deploy with when we would get called out.

Always check your ammo no matter whose name is on the outside of the box.

Do not assume because it says Hornady, Federal, Winchester, and is supposedly match grade ammo that there can't be anything wrong with it.

Another time on another range a shooter I know had his rifle catastrophically fail possibly due to a double charged round. This also was factory match grade ammo from a very popular ammo manufacturer.

Always check your ammo especially if it is to be used in a possible life saving manner. The time to find out its a bad round is not on the street.

Before people ask me which brand it was .....It doesn't matter which manufacturer it was......Anytime you have stuff made in the big bulk numbers that ammo is made in you WILL have a certain percentage of that stuff be no good.

Science tells us that anytime human beings are involved in any process there is no such thing as zero tolerance.

Same thing as relying on the safety to keep you safe. A safety is a mechanical device manufactured by human beings and being a mechanical device it is subject to failure. No matter who made it, the brand of rifle/pistol it is on, etc...

1. Sorry

Almost correct. They did send me a return label, no questions asked. I sent them back about 75 rounds (what I had left of my order), and they sent me 500 rounds in return. Customer Service was outstanding!

Who do people do this?

The topic of this thread was not about this manufacturer, it was about not examining factory ammunition before a match and how that can be a bad decision. I have been on enough forums and seen too many people lambasted for not giving the manufacturer the time to make the situation right before calling them out. My goal here again, was not to call out the manufacture (this does happen at times, it's if they make it right that's important) but to bring to attention the need to examine all of your ammo BEFORE shooting a match.

1. Sorry

Who do people do this?

Well...........glad someone is doing it right!

Personally, I am tired of 1.) this has never happened before 2.) you caused the problem and 3.) no reply.

Freedom Munitions. Their Manager of Quality said that more than likely a bullet had broken off in the die during a lot and overseated the bullets before it fell out. He took complete responsibility for the ammuntion. He offered me the 500 rounds and asked if I wanted it in the RNFP I had or another bullet. Was fast, corteous, and respectful. I have nothing but good things for the company. They made it right!!!