Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Polishing Feed Ramp

Smitty79

I am trying to find a good post or pointer to youtube that explains how to polish the feed ramp on a CZ75. I am sure I can find it on the internet somewhere. But I would like a procedure endorsed by the guys on the the BE forums.

My son bought a 75B yesterday and the guy at the show said it was a good idea. I have seen that recommended on other forums and in threads here. Just want to be sure we do it right.

Here it is:

benos:

Here's one more super-trick mod. Get some 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper. Then you have to find something with the same radius as your feedramp - a 40 case works perfect for me. Wrap a single layer of the sandpaper around the case, or whatever, clamp the barrel in a bench vise, and polish the ramp, moving the sandpaper up and down the ramp in the direction the bullet feeds. Keep polishing forever, until you can see from inspection that the entire ramp has been polished. This can make a big difference, much bigger than you might think. <br>Before you do it, hold the barrel in one hand and a loaded round in the other. Hold the round parallel with the barrel and press the nose on the feedramp and push it up the ramp - feeling the resistance. (It kind of feels like phonograph record.) Then do it after the polish job - you should notice a big difference. (All the spinning type polishers actually polish the ramp in the wrong direction.)

be