Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 for Limited w/ Jäger Ext Heavy GR what spring

dskinsler83

Ok so the Jäger Ext Heavy GR only uses standard recoil springs not the Glock ISMI Flat wire ones. I have the GW blue and red springs and some ISMI round 1911 spring from 12.5lb-14lb. What weight spring would you guys used for a 180gr major load at 170PF? I, thinking either the Blue GW or the 12.5lb ISMI.

The most widely used spring for 40 major pf is a 15 lb Wolff Glock spring (round wire) on the Jager guide rod that you have. The Zev red Glock spring is 14 lbs and the blue is 12 lbs. I've used the the 15 pound Wolff in both a 24 and 35 successfully and like it and it seems quite durable. I use the 14 lb Wolff spring in my minor 17's and 34's, and also in my G17 open gun. Going lighter with the 12 lb'er will work just fine for minor depending on your other springs (trigger spring, striker spring), but all guns are different and you may need to play with the spring weight and do the trigger test talked about lots in this forum to make sure your springs work and play well together. The 1911 recoil spring may work, but you will need to check the overall spring length to make sure you don't run into bind on the spring - may need to clip coils if too long.