Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 super components for Icore reloading

surgdog

Hi, fellas.

Just got a S&W 627 in 38 super from the classified here to shoot Icore.

Friend loaned me 500 Billy Bullets in 160 gr and 1# Clays powder to get me started.

I like the way they shoot but I can't get in touch with Billy bullets for anything. I've been calling for weeks and leaving messages but no response. To make matters worse I have searched the internet almost daily for plain Clay's powder without any success.

Have you other 38 super shooters had the same problems??

I'll be dry after I shoot these bullets up and I would have thought the powder supply would have improved by now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

mk

Rudy owns billy bullets, 480-695-8100.. good friend and great guy.

scott

I have called that number for awhile and just get a recording. A friend called and got him 3-4 weeks ago but I have never heard anything from him.

I will keep trying. I understand he is a great guy--hope to contact him soon.

I scored some Ramshot Competition and WST both used in 9mm and 38 short colt. Found Clays last spring, but it's Titegroup that I've found impossible to get.

I have seen some Titegroup around here but no Clays.

Thanks for the replies.

Figured you would have heard from Rudy by now. He normally has the bullets in the mail before I have a check headed his way.

I'm in Southern Califoria and I had been able to find clays at my local gun shop when I needed it. And I bought a big jug online from Midway probably 6-8 months ago when I was able to snatch up some Federal small pistol primers. Though things have dried up it seems.

I shoot a 627 .38 super in ICORE and steel challenge too. And I use his billy bullets 160 grain round nose in .358 and clays at 2.8 grains I think it is. My barrel seems to like the .358 lead bullets even better than the .357's. And it really didn't like the .355 or .356 plated bullets i tried. Just fyi and curious what your experience was.

Not sure what kind of load you are looking for but i run Montana Gold 124's in my STi open gun. If you dont need to push them that fast for ICORE you shouldn't have that much trouble finding someone casting some 9mm lead for your wheel gun.

Last time i looked eXtreme bullets had plenty of hard cast lead in stock and i just picked up 5k bullets for my .40 from black bullets

Thanks for the help, guys.

Rudy came through. Great guy and even sent them prior to me paying him.

Finally, found some plain Clay's at a gunshow north of here so should be set.

Learned alot for y'all suggestions.

Appreciate you.

mk