Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help us find a powder

Tacticalk9

Hey guys Im hoping someone over the internet has a source for some BALL powder suitable for .223

the ones I like are

CFE223
H335
TAC
BLC-2
W748
Im getting real low and im sure im not the only one. Please post where we might be able to find something.
Thanks!

Just keep checking all the powder suppliers daily if you want to find something. Everyone is in the same boat and also checking daily. So it's who ever finds it first buys it. I've had autocomp powder on backorder with Brownells for over 2 months now. Just keep looking, it's frustrating I know.

I have a 110 pound keg of A2230 that I dont need. I will sell it in 8 pound jugs for whatever pv is selling it for. I am a hazmat shipper but my shipping prices from fedex are not as good as PVs, I dont have their volume. typically it costs me anywhere from $38 to $48 to ship a coupla jugs once you add insurance and the signature requirment. I can put up to 4 eight pound jugs in one box for the same $27.95 hazmat fee plus shipping. or pick up at my warehouse in Erwin NC and save shipping and hazmat... I work 3 twelve hour night shifts friday sat and sunday as a nurse at a hospital so I pretty much sleep the rest of the weekend....responses to pms will be sporadic till monday afternoon. during the week I run an ammo manufacturing operation in Erwin NC. I have other powders also. let me know what you need. please dont ask for powder if you intend to flip it. this just to help out fellow individual shooters.

If you are adding AA2230 to your possible powders shopping list, then you might also want to keep an eye out for AA2460, too. Might be easier to find since it isn't as popular as AA2230.

Slightly slower than AA2230, and it works very well in .223 ar type rifles. In fact, some of my most accurate loads have been with this powder, just keep it within the published load data. I would use either with no reservations. PV has 1 lb bottles of AA2460 in stock, but that is an expensive way to buy it.

BTW - kudos to Bajadudes and his very fair offer. I know folks have been having a heck of a time getting AA2230.

Edited by Bamboo

AA2460 meters great. Check the new Accurate loading guidelines. Looks like they've revised max loads downwards. AA2460 is very temp sensitive. So, use harder primers, don't load close to max if you're in the heat and don't leave your mags or ammo in the sun.

Hey guys Im hoping someone over the internet has a source for some BALL powder suitable for .223

the ones I like are

CFE223
H335
TAC
BLC-2
W748
Im getting real low and im sure im not the only one. Please post where we might be able to find something.
Thanks!

I like H335 the best for ball (25 to 25.5 grains). BLC2 and 748 work great as well. TAC never worked well for me for accuracy but others love it.

Pat