Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just Shooting!

PaulW

I just like to shoot.  When you've had a long week and all you can think about is the match Saturday.  I just love to get to the range, around my friends, and shoot.  Makes everything AOK.  Shoot, fast, shoot safe, shoot lots!

It's gonna just kill me to get stuck in the hospital later this month and not be able to shoot for a while. I wonder if there's any fragrance on the market that smells like gunpowder...? Or maybe I'll just have one of my shooting friends come directly from the range to the hospital one day and I'll ask him to leave his shirt with me. That might work.  

I also anticpate a weekend of shooting.  I really start to get excited wednesday night when I usualy reload for the weekend...... To bad its suposed to rain all weekend long =(    I dislike sooting in the rain.  No amount of indoor range time makes up for an outdoor ipsc match.

Ah yes, I usually manage to get in some practice at lunchtime (a couple of times per week) but the weekend is still special.

Went out to the range today after a particularly trying week of work (I even snuck out a little early). Fired a few rounds through the rifle. Then got out the shotgun. Going to a 3-gun match tomorrow.

The shotgun was particularly satisfying. Shot some paper with slugs. Shot some poppers at fairly long range with buckshot. Slamming down that steel released a substantial amount of stored tension.

Cheers,

It was an awesome sight this weekend.  The people in this sport are just awesome folks.  We had a match this weekend were all the proceeds went to a fellow shooter who has frankly been fighting for his life.  He is on the upswing but still has a long ways to go.  It was a total surprise to him.  We set it up and the MD charged a minimun of $20 (which most people gave more).  He came out as invited just to see everyone and to spell the gun powder.  It was great to see him and his wife.  The MD did not want to make a big show of giving him the proceeds so he quitely pulled him to the side and gave the money to him.  The group rasied somewhere around $1,000 for he and his wife.  The MD said he swelled up with tears and had no idea we all cared and were pulling for him so much.  AWESOME!!!