Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA PDR Holster - any reviews?

blueorb

I currently have a BladeTech DOH holster that I am not very hapy with and am looking to get another one. It needs to fit a

CZ75.

I really wanted a Ready Tactical but finding one that fits a CZ 75 is next to impossible. Chris with CPWSA had a thread for them about 2 years ago so I know they make them but I just can't find any available.

Anyone have any experience with the DAA PDR holster?

http://www.doublealpha.biz/ipsc-holsters-rigs/holsters/PDR_Low_Ride_Holster

I do but only for the M&P Pro PDR. As always, great products from DAA (technically not a DAA product but they come in under the DAA name) and love it. I did have a question about the lower screw/spring setup and sent an email to Saul. Like always, got a response in an hour and got it answered. Over all, great holster and I really like the lining, much better on the handgun finish than kydex.

I have one for my 1911, but not for my cz. Still, i can't think of anything that would make it perform differently for the two guns.

Anyway, i like the holster so far. I've only had it a couple weeks, so it's just getting broken in. The leather liner is a bit sticky at first, but draws are within .05 of my best times with my kydex holster already.

I have DAA PDR holsters for CZ, XD, and Glock. I liked the one for the CZ so I bought the XD and Glock versions - I hated them. And I used the one for the XD for the entire winter in live and dry fire - the gun just doesn't want to come out of it as well as it comes out of unlined kydex/plastic. And it still wore through the finish on my slide in a few areas, so it wasn't all that finish-friendly. One of the few things I've every bought DAA that I was unhappy with.

Most people don't like them because they don't let go of the gun. I have two of them and I like them… mostly.

I found the secret to breaking them in quick was to work some Vaseline into the leather, instantly broken in.

My only complaint of the design is where the belt device attaches up top. You can't get your thumb down between the gun and your body like you can with other designs. I got used to it, but I'd prefer it was different.