Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remove/Disable SA Mode

ede

What benefit is there to changing a DA/SA revolver to DA only? I just bought a 327PD and need to get the trigger done and cut for moons and was wondering about going DA only. Thanks

I see no advantage to spending the money to get it done when all you would have to do is shoot it DA only. IMHO Later rdd

By cutting the hammer spur off and lightening the hammer (Carmonizing) you can achieve a lighter trigger pull and still get reliable ignition. I would just leave the single action notch alone and fire it DA only.

Yeah all I ever shoot is DA so it didn't really make sense to do it ,but I see it offered and wondered. I'm not good enough that picking up a .10 of a second is going to be a game changer for me.

Does disabling SA do anything in terms of making it less able to short-stroke? Is there any kind of work (aside from mental on my part) I can have done to a 625 to help with that?

Aside from shooter technique issues, short-stroking is usually caused by insufficient rebound spring tension.

When reducing rebound spring tension, you gotta be sure to also reduce the mainspring tension, to keep the action in balance.