Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What companies are doing EAA aftermarket barrels?

JC49ae

I was wondering if any of you guys could send me links of aftermarket parts distributors for the EAA/Tanfoglios.

I'm new to these pistols and don't know where to start.

I'd be interested in triggers, mags, barrels, etc.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by JC49ae

http://eaacorp.com/parts/

http://www.henningshootsguns.com/shop/eaa.main.html

http://www.gunsprings.com/mID19/dID100

http://www.canyoncreekcustom.com/

These are the only sources for Tanfo parts I know of, and of these only EAA sell barrels. I believe Barstow used to make barrels, but no longer. If you locate an after market supplier of Tanfo barrels, let us know as I would like to get my hands on a 6" 9mm barrel.

Edited: I saw that you were also asking about mags. The Mecgar mags work well and seem to be the current mag of choice for these guns. The part numbers are MGWIT9LFAFC for 9mm, MGWIT38LFAFC for 38 super, and MGWIT40LFAFC for .40. Google the part number and you will find a bunch of places that sell them. If you are running limited or open, then you will also want to use an aftermarket spring/follower and base pad. Grams Engineering is the best spring/follower I've found for these and you can order them direct from Beven Gram by calling. Henning sells the best basepad for the tanfo. Also, if you are running in open and looking for 170mm mags be aware that the new style caspian mags work in the Tanfos and you can call Gary Smith at Caspian to find out if he has any Caspian 170mm mags available. You will need to tune these mags to work reliably, but once tuned they are very good mags.

http://www.gramsengineering.com/products/

Edited by Bamboo

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but hey... I used the search button. That counts for something right?

Has it gone any better in the last year since you guys spoke? I'm wanting to get a tanfolgio to run Limited in USPSA but hesitant because of lack of support/after market parts.

depends how much you want to do. for limited you don't really need to go too crazy with barrells etc. the stock cone barrels are a good thing.

I'd suggest if you bought a limited I would get the slide cut up like it is on the 'limited custom' (which is what in other markets is the stock limited gun).

Get the henning magwell and henning bases for your mags and run the grams guts from henning too.

run the henning firing pin

remove the firing pin block (assuming you can in limited, I can't remember off the top of my head)

and if you want a really nice trigger go all out and get henning prepped EGW sear and hammer, henning trigger and henning pin kit

once you've done all that and done some polishing work on the action you should have a very nice crisp and short trigger around 2lb. You can also then pick the sights you want (stock rear is ok, just get a front you like) then do grips you like and maybe a thumbrest if you want one.

beyond that it's just a matter of maintaining and shooting it. If you like the CZ type platform they are a great option for limited but they cannot compete with the 2011's when it comes to availability of parts, parts options and number of skilled smiths who work on them.

They good thing is they don't really need all that much to be a decent limited gun. :)

You can get the standard parts from EAA or Numerich. Aftermarket stuff like triggers, sears, hammers, firing pins, springs, guiderods, sights, grips, hardened pins, magwells, basepads, follower kits, holsters, mag pouches, etc are easily obtained from several sources.

If you're the kind of guy that wants to buy random shiny parts because he can, then I would say the support is limited. If you're the kind of guy that buys parts to hep performance, reliability, etc then I would say there is good support.

yeah I'd agree with Nealio to a point.

standard parts are plenty available as are holsters etc. Aftermarket parts are out there, but basically there's one main source for most of them (henning). and from time to time stuff just will not be available. for example until 2 months ago there had not been any large frame magwells available for a year or more. large frame base pads were unavailable for a fair while too (and in fact when I went to get some they only had one colour in stock - red). so it's not like a 2011 where if I need a magwell in a hurry I can buy one from about 15 different makers. If you need a tanfoglio aftermarket part your choice is basically henning and if he doesn't have it you just have to wait.

Now that tanfoglio make the extreme parts the choice of triggers, hammers, springs, and extended firing pins has improved though. so that's good.

There may not be a bunch of blinged up stuff out there. and there's not much choice (ie magwell is either canyon creek or henning) but that's ok. There is enough stuff available to get a great set-up gun and then enough bits like springs etc available to keep it running.

So yeah, I say go for it. there's certainly no problem getting enough parts to tune one up to your liking and certainly enough factory spares available too. :)

Awesome. Thanks for the great knowledge. I kept reading that parts are like hen's teeth but I did find henning's site. Mags are everywhere so I'm good. I'm just getting into limited. Came from shooting glocks so maybe a limited amount of choices won't make my head explode from all the choices.

These are the only sources for Tanfo parts I know of, and of these only EAA sell barrels. I believe Barstow used to make barrels, but no longer. If you locate an after market supplier of Tanfo barrels, let us know as I would like to get my hands on a 6" 9mm barrel.

I do believe Nealio has a 6" 9mm barrel for sale, but last I checked he was offering it as a package deal with complete slide assembly. He might be convinced to sell the 6" separate.

Edit: Just saw thread is soooo old. Anyways, if you're still lookin...

Edited by butro

• 3 years later...