Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G27 in production

dbglock35

Has anyone ever shot a G27 (Pimp Gun)in production? if so,what mags did you use and what kind of mags would be practical. I have a bunch of G22 mags. are they allowed, or do you have to use G27 mini mags, and can you use extensions. Also, are the factory Glock 27 11 round mags production legal? I know this isn't the best gun for production, I shoot 2 G35's in L10, Limited and open. Use a 27 for carry, and just thought about using it in production for fun. any help would be great.

Thanks

I once shot an IPSC match with a G26 (9mm) using standard length magazines.

It was a bit "fiddly" due to the small frame and small mags but, frankly, I didn't feel too disadvantaged, because the course design was excellent, and I had at least 3 decent strides between shooting positions to fumble my reloads ;)

I did this because my favorite carry gun is a G26, so I wanted some experience using it under time pressure.

I've used a G26 in one match. Of course, all my mags were G17s with +2 extensions. I figured, "Hah, I've certainly got enough ammo for any stage out there." Then I looked at that stage with 22 targets spread out over a half football field sized range, and said, "Ooooookay....if I make my mag changes in the right places I have enough ammo." It was a fun experiment - though I have to admit that little dinky sight radius was not the best for those 25 yard head shots. :o

As Eric W says, in Production you have to use the standard length magazines.

If you shoot it in L10 as per S$P, you can also use G23 or 22 mags or 27 mags with an extension.

I've shot a 26 in USPSA (TWenty-sIX=TWIX). It's as good as you are. Have fun.

TomB

And to think I was worried that you all would confuse me with the Trix cereal rabbit.

"Trix are for kids, silly wabbit."

Sorry for the drift I hope this gets capped now or it could go really south.