Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New range in northwest Florida (Tallahassee)

Just wanted to let folks in the NW Florida, SE Alabama and SW Georgia are know about a new range opening up. My name is John Rasmussen, and I'm a long-time competitive shooter, and new range owner (well, one third range owner). Talon Range was created for the purpose of promoting the shooting sports, whether it be for recreation, self defense or competition. We currently have 15 bays, with more coming. We currently have, along with our pistol bays, a 200 yard rifle range. A separate 400 yard rifle range and sporting clays complex is nearly finished. We also have a pro-shop stocked with targets, ammo, eye and ear protection, a classroom, and a lounge. Here's a picture from a few months ago--we've come a ways since then!

Talonrange06052013_zps20c9735b.jpg

My goal is to host monthly USPSA and steel matches, as well as 3-gun, 2-gun, GSSF and whatever else there seems to be a desire for. USPSA will be held the first Saturday of the month and steel the third. Our first match will be a 6 stage USPSA match held on July 6th. Match entry fee will be $20. Our match will consist of 6 challenging courses of fire--five field courses plus one USPSA classifier stage. The classifier will be CM03-07 'Riverdale Standards.' Total round count will be 142 rounds, assuming you don't miss (trying to keep you within your 3-box ammo limit at Wal-Mart).

Talon Range: We are located at the interchange of Interstate 10 and US 90 in Midway, FL at the 192 exit (technically the North East corner). We don't actually have a physical address yet, but the following directions should get you there.
- From I-10, exit at 192 onto US 90 West. If you are coming from the West on I-10, you will make a left turn onto US 90 and proceed under the interstate to a stop light. If you are coming from the East on I-10, you will immediately come to a stoplight. To the West (left) you will see a Flying J truck stop (cheapest gas in the area, BTW), and to the East (right) will be a service road called Commerce Blvd that winds back towards the interstate. Turn onto Commerce Blvd. and drive .5 miles. Talon Range will be on your right hand side. For those of you with GPS, the coordinates are: N 30* 29.425' by W 84* 25.278'. If you go to Mapquest and type in '555 Commerce Blvd Midway, FL 32343, the map should show exactly where our range is located (Note the city is Midway FL, not Tallahassee). The road leading into our range is nicely maintained, so for all of you Ferrari owners out there, have no fear of making it down to the range.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Edited by RAZZ

Ya, sorry guys. I held off as long as I could, but the weather just wouldn't cooperate with us. We've had 7 inches of rain, with more coming tomorrow, so I'm going to have to scrub it. Hopefully the weather will work with us for the steel match later in July.

• 2 months later...