Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is dry fire better practice than live fire

ktm300

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No crying necessary! You can't believe how fast you can reduce your times with dedicated practice. I suggest, like Steve recommends, don't pull the trigger in DRYFIRE very much.

Now accept that the difference between dry and live is gonna be about 20%. So a 1 sec dry draw to 7 yards will probably turn into 1.20 or so live. The goal for me has always been to get the dry as close to live as I can. I like doing lots of dry on the range followed immediately by some live fire. Keeps me honest!

With that said, I no longer have a set DRYFIRE regimen that I follow. I used dryfire as a tool to help me achieve my goal of making B in Open. From B to Master, I've shot much more live fire. I am just a guy who shoots and is competitive locally. I do recommend contacting Steve Anderson at some point in your development. A class with him is enlightening and will probably shave time off the learning curve. I know that my class with him was worth every penny. Check out "Indiana Goes to Ohio" in Steve's section of the vendor area, that is my review. There are books out there and they are all good, but there is one pioneer that proved what DRYFIRE is capable of achieving. That is Steve Anderson.

I got to state that for me at some point during A class, I realized I needed way more live fire. So I did. But, everyone is different.

Link to review: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=164238

Edited by Chris iliff