Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jerry is coming

hopalong

I just got off the phone with the Our Match director, Greg Brose he informed me that he recieved an entry from one MR. Jerry Miculek and two cohorts. :rolleyes:

He also said that he is up to 80 competitors with 3 weeks to go and is still expecting 20 more that have verbally commited (some shooting revolvers)

Now that puts me in a delima, STI has granted us Contengency status and I was planning on shooting ESP to try for a contengency win but NOW there is this situation.

Shoot STI? or Shoot SMITH&WESSON ?

I am in the process of trying to build a flat sided bottom feeder and only need a slide as I have aquired a frame and barrel and some other parts so a contengency will would be a good thing.

More info on the match : www.crssa.com

Hopalong

we have always had a fairly good turnout of revolver shooters any way so this is like icing on the cake. ;)

Sam, I vote you shoot the revolver! Every now and then, Jerry leaves a window of opportunity, and you gotta be ready when it happens! :-)

If he's bringing guys along with him, could be anyone, but likely suspects are Eliot Aysen, Gary Thibodaux, and brother Donnie M. Shot pins with all those guys in what feels almost like a former life....nice people all.

Either way, have fun. Wish Young Sam and I could be there.

Mike

But guys, I have a decent chance at winning my class with the ESP gun and that would be all I need for the Contengency win to pick up a new slide for the "project bottom feeder"

Besides, I have had the pleasure of shooting with Jerry at Area-3 and at the same matches at US Nationals and Mississippi Monsoon.

I will be a safety officer on one of the stages therefore could not shoot with him anyway so I will only get to watch him on the stage I am working.

He is a pleasure to shoot with and is inspiring to watch for sure.

The chance to get the slide will more than likely win out here though.

SAM

You know it is a money thing, not spending any money on the match except ammo, but have chance to get expensive slide if I win. ;)

Edited by hopalong

BIG thread drift

the MERCENARY shot a steel only but USPSA style match with the bottomfeeder today.....

Evedintely I did not forget how to use it, ended up 2nd overall behind an Open blaster. Reloads were S L O W as I had to think about doing them instead of just doing them like I used to.

Will be glad to return to the wheel gun for the East Texas Section match.

In the year I have shot the wheel gun I have had as much or more fun with it as my Auto and have really enjoyed the challenge of shooting it. FWIW

Hopalong / Sam / Mercenary :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well it is no longer Mercenary !!!!! Bottom Feeder sheered a lug off the bottom :angry:

Oh well I guess I will just HAVE to shoot the 610 instead :wacko:

time to go practice and knock off the spider webs.. ;)

Will give results in a week.

HOP

Hop,

I have to admit I've gone over to the dark side recently myself....I'm taking my single-stack and my Para along to the local (sorta local--clear over by the big river) IPSC match tomorrow.....Young Sam wanted no part of the reciprocators this weekend--he only packed the Model 10 and all his speedloaders, left the .45 he sometimes shoots right there in the safe.

Mike

Well, Safety Officers and a few that could only make the match today shot....

there were 4 revolver shooters that shot today, 1 MM, 2 SS and 1EX(me)

I can not remember the exact numbers on the others but the MM seems to me that he shot a GOOD Sharpshooter score.

The two Sharpshooters may have been had by the Marksman they all seemed to me as they shot the same speed and the MM had fewer points down.

I had a good match but can do better (and worse too) so I will take what I shot and let the rest try to catch me. ( I know there are at least 2 more Expert signed up for Saturday)

It is a 10 stage match with several movers in all directions no swingers but some drop turners and some twisters( on elctric motors that continually appear and disappear) there is a reload standards that even require revolvers to do a reload with retention or tactical reload.

There is even a Lefties revenge stage wehre you have to move to the left (quite different).

I shot a raw time of 164.47 and dropped 25 points for the match giving me a total of 177.97 If I had to shoot it again after seeing the stages I don't think I could improve on it much maybe 5 to 7 seconds faster but the chance of more dropped points would be higher so I am kind of satisfied with the results.

Tomorrow Jerry M will show us all how it is done and so will Ron Holland a Master Revolver (IDPA) shooter from Alabama that if I can remember right ended up 4th at the IDPA Nationals this year.

I will post results for the revolver Division in the evening when all the smoke clears.

Sam

Ron Holland is an EXCELLENT Revo shooter...certainly NOT up there with "Scarry Jerry", Zimmerman and those guys, but VERY good...and a HECK of a nice guy, to boot...he's a lot of fun to watch...so ECONOMICAL with his movements that when the timer is thru, you're like "Huh, was he THAT fast???"...looks almost EFFORTLESS...wish I could shoot like that when I grow up!!!...either that, or I'd like to be a FIRE TRUCK!!!....mikey357

OK here is a very short results (temp) as I have a short memory too.

Revolver Champion: Jerry Miculek 135.13 (30)

High M Ron Holland 175.55 (33)

High EX Sam Keen 177.97 (27)

High SS Charles Pickard 206.61 (38)

High MM Matt Beck 248.17 (48)

High Overall SR. Jerry Miculek

High Overall for Match Jerry Miculek ( ESP Master shooter Justin Nepa 135.64)

When I get a full set of results I will edit and repost.

Here is the total results:

MASTER:

Jerry Miculek - 135.13 (30)

Ron Holland - 175.55 (33)

Expert:

Sam Keen - 177.97 (27)

William Butler - 200.24 (22)

William Young - 225.71 (18)

Craig Bishop - 270.22 (80)

Sharp Shooter:

Charles Pickard - 206.61 (38)

Gerald Thompson - 219.58 (34)

Richie Suggs - 230.07 (28)

Matt Raven - 244.28 (59)

Nick Holland - 271.48 (43)

Marksman:

Matt Beck - 248.17 (48)

Randy Hickox - 352.82 (39)

Hopalong

Oh yeah, Carmoney- tell Sam to Keep the Faith he is doing good. B)

Edited by hopalong

Sam, nice job winning your class at the match!

Young Sam and I shot a local IPSC match today with single-stack 1911s, just for fun. It's funny watching him shoot a .45--he's so used to speedloading a revolver that he keeps reaching up and grabbing the gun with his left hand to open the cylinder before he realizes there ain't no cylinder....

When did Jerry become a Senior shooter?!?!?

Last time I looked he was maybe in his late 30s!

(Of course that was probably when I was still in my 20s and Young Sam wasn't even born yet....)

Mike

Ok, I have updated the results. :)

Jerry is now a Senior as of this year! and will be one in USPSA the first of the year when the green book goes into effect.

Now Mike...... PUT those SILLY bottom feeders AWAY

Thanks Mike, our club and those I regularly attend that shoot IDPA will not be having classifiers anytime soon but maybe Master next time ? (that is if I don't forget the silly reload on the strong hand string!!!! <_< )

Hopalong