Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What length barrel is Daniel running in the picture on the 3GN site?

bmiller

Well first off he's a Staff Sgt. And second of all I don't think he has payed for a rifle for a very long time. Didn't he win $50k in prize money last year?

Edited by DocMedic

jjw .....reread what I said.

You would have to get a 5320.20 for every state you intend to shoot your SBR. For matches in Kansas, you need a 5320.20 filled out for an address in Kansas, one for Oklahoma if you are shooting a match there, one for Texas, one for Kentucky,....

You are correct that you can fill them out for an entire year and be covered for that state for the year.

If you intend to shoot a match in Illinois, where SBRs are illegal, you would have to shoot a different gun.

You are correct that you only need a 5320.20 for the destination state you are shooting a match in, and can pass through ban states as long as you are only passing through.

I wouldn't know if his SBR is his or an issued gun personalized for him....but would imagine there would have to be some paperwork for it regardless. If flying or getting pulled over on the way to a match, the police already do not know NFA laws, so paperwork becomes extra important!

This thread has me leaning towards shooting my SBR in the monthly match next weekend.