Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas State Steel Challenge Corpus Christi Tx. Oct. 26-27

We will be holding the second annual Texas State Steel Challenge Championship on October 26-27, 2013.
Hosted by Corpus Christi Pistol & Rifle Club and sponsored by Access Ford.

Match information: All 8 stages.

Main match will be held Sunday, October 27. Match directors and staff will shoot Saturday, October 26.
Entry fee is $100 for the first division entered and $30.00 for each additional division. Junior shooters entry will be $50.00 for the first division entered and $15.00 for each additional division.

We are doing something different this year with prizes. Not knowing what the availability of firearms will be we are awarding cash prizes to the winners of each division. A minimum of three primary gun shooters will be needed to make a division. Cash payout for the match will be a minimum of 50% of entry fees. The winners of each division will also receive a plaque. Shooters are eligible for prizes only in the shooter’s listed main division.

Sight in range will be open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM. Sign in begins at 7:30 AM. Shooters meeting will be held all days promptly at 8:15 AM, Match begins at 8:45 AM. Match will be shot with open squadding. Spectators are welcome. A match T-Shirt as well as lunch are included in the match fee.

Awards Ceremony will be at the completion of shooting on Sunday.

This is a SCSA tier 2 event and scores will be uploaded to SCSA.

Website link and entry form.

http://ccsteelchalle...e-championship/

sc-flyer_04.pdf

Edited by rlillyskygod

• 2 weeks later...

How will the "prizes in main division only" rule be applied to SteelMaster? I'll already be in San Antonio on the 26th, so I'm thinking of coming down for Sunday, but wondering if I need to bring all of my stuff...

Edited by B.J. Norris

We recognize SteelMaster as it own class, and there will be a prize for SteelMaster division. I believe Tony Phan was our SteelMaster winner last year. So if you are going to be in S.A. definitely bring your stuff down. If you would like to talk to either of the match directors, please see the flyer in the post, it has contact info. World Champs are welcome!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What does the schedule look like Sunday?

I was looking at flights, and there is a 6:40 out of the KCRP would it be possible to catch that without missing the awards ceremony or prize table?

You should be able to I think we start shooting at 8 am. We hope to be done earlier so you could make a 6:40 flight Also you can shoot on Saturday if you need to. Hang tight we will have info any day on the match hotels. I'm working with them now and just waiting for a word back from them. They will be close to shopping and dinning. About 10 to15 minutes from the range.

You should be able to I think we start shooting at 8 am. We hope to be done earlier so you could make a 6:40 flight Also you can shoot on Saturday if you need to. Hang tight we will have info any day on the match hotels. I'm working with them now and just waiting for a word back from them. They will be close to shopping and dinning. About 10 to15 minutes from the range.

Shooting Saturday has the same problem, awards cermony and prize table (assuming the match has one) would be Sunday after scores are posted.

I'm all booked for flight, rental car, and hotel. I will have the entry form go out this weekend.

Shooting Saturday has the same problem, awards cermony and prize table (assuming the match has one) would be Sunday after scores are posted.

I'm all booked for flight, rental car, and hotel. I will have the entry form go out this weekend.

We will do all we can to have you there on time. Glad you can make it.

Never shot a steel match but have heard there are restrictions on the PF that can be used. Does this match allow Major PF or must it be Minor PF or a .22 ?

You can use major or minor, just no magnum loads. and we will be running rimfire classes as well. Hope you can make it, gonna be fun and prize table is looking good.

Also here is a link to steel challenge rules if you want to take a look.

http://steelchallenge.com/steel-challenge-Rules-Home.php

rklillyskygod,

Thanks for sending the rule book. Working on the hotel reservation, is there a code for the discount at the match hotel

Think all you need to do is tell them, it for Texas State Steel Challenge Tell them Gracie De Russe Set it up.

Please let me know if you have any problems or question.

Everything is set. Hotel had no problems after we mentioned it was for the SCSA, and app is on it's way.

Roger that we will see you there.

Everyone else just want to say the room rate is till October 1 so get booked early for better rates.

Great news talked with Karl from GT Targets . They will be hosting 3 side matches. One for rimfire pistol & rifle, one for centerfire pistol, & one for shotgun. All will have 100% cash payout . And we will have a shotgun there as a loaner. Big thanks to GT Targets I think it will be a great time.

Edited by rlillyskygod

• 2 weeks later...