Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CDNN chokes, versamax pic request.

colbyjack

Is that the Roulette +2 extension? Stock spring? Looks good, what choke do you run the most for local matches? Thanks form the reply :)

That is the Carbon Arms one piece tube with the Nordic +3 that came with it, 26" barrel. I, like most others, shoot a light mod choke for almost everything but will switch to an improved cylinder for a stage that has a lot of close targets or clays.

The Roulette extensions will fit on the standard tube that comes with the Tactical model. If you have a field or Sportsman model and buy the new MXT extension from Nordic, then the Roulette caps will fit those as well.

The MXT extensions have the same thread pattern on both ends and are stronger. VersaMaxes are supposed to be hard on charging handles and mag extensions.

I also run the $10 CDNN extended chokes. Plenty of pics in other threads on how these look with different extensions in place.

Mick

Is that the Roulette +2 extension? Stock spring? Looks good, what choke do you run the most for local matches? Thanks form the reply :)

Mick thanks for the info. I did by the tactical model. Im hoping Friday I can buy the +2 from them, and use the stock spring. I like the look of the spiral grooved charging handle for the m2 but don't see and knurled or aggressive handles for the versamax. I probably don't know where to look. The 3 gun is new to me. And here not many clubs are doing it. I like that 3 gun gear 2 round shell holder. And I really want to send my lifter to get welded. But worried about if I have feed problems, I don't know what to change or fix. But the stock one is hard on my thumb. Found that out yesterday when I shot it for the first time.

I have had my lifter welded by C-RUMS and Jeff does a fantastic job. Myself and others have had no issues with his lifters, so send with confidence!.

For the charging handle, I would leave the stock steel unit in place. I have seen one guy break 2 of the others and Nordic finally sent him the same handle that is on the Tacticals.

I also run the 3Gun Gear 2 shell holder on the fore end and it works well for when you suddenly run dry and need a shot or two to finish out a stage.

Yes, you should be able to use the stock spring with a +2 extension.

Mick

Mick thanks for the info. I did by the tactical model. Im hoping Friday I can buy the +2 from them, and use the stock spring. I like the look of the spiral grooved charging handle for the m2 but don't see and knurled or aggressive handles for the versamax. I probably don't know where to look. The 3 gun is new to me. And here not many clubs are doing it. I like that 3 gun gear 2 round shell holder. And I really want to send my lifter to get welded. But worried about if I have feed problems, I don't know what to change or fix. But the stock one is hard on my thumb. Found that out yesterday when I shot it for the first time.

I went to buy a set of these chokes. I noticed they dont have the skeet in stock, so I will hold off till it comes back in to buy a whole set. But knowing my luck one of the other chokes will be out of stock by then.

That's what happened to me so I just ordered 4 of the ones that were available...

I went to buy a set of these chokes. I noticed they dont have the skeet in stock, so I will hold off till it comes back in to buy a whole set. But knowing my luck one of the other chokes will be out of stock by then.

IMHO there is so little difference between a skeet choke and an IC that for 3-gun you don't need the skeet choke. I'd say 99% of the time IC or LM will be the one you need.

I have had my lifter welded by C-RUMS and Jeff does a fantastic job. Myself and others have had no issues with his lifters, so send with confidence!.

For the charging handle, I would leave the stock steel unit in place. I have seen one guy break 2 of the others and Nordic finally sent him the same handle that is on the Tacticals.

I also run the 3Gun Gear 2 shell holder on the fore end and it works well for when you suddenly run dry and need a shot or two to finish out a stage.

Yes, you should be able to use the stock spring with a +2 extension.

Mick

+1

The CDNN chokes that you guys are talking about wouldn't happen to be the Pro-Bore style would they? I have a question myself about those as well. Does anybody know if they fit the 22" 1100 vent rib competition master barrels?

The CDNN chokes that you guys are talking about wouldn't happen to be the Pro-Bore style would they? I have a question myself about those as well. Does anybody know if they fit the 22" 1100 vent rib competition master barrels?

Yes they are the "Pro-Bore" thread pattern, I have heard that's what the Competition Master uses as well as the Versa Max