Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos full dust cover recoil spring

Noah my boy

I have built a full dust cover with a brazos slide, sti with an alum sti grip and a FDW frame.. Would like to know a start base of a recoil spring. I have an 11lb in there now and the recoil seems very strong.. Any ideas for a good start on a recoil spring weight to reduce recoil without dipping:) thanks...

The recoil impulse may feel stronger because the aluminum grip is not flexing like the polymer grip does (slightly) in recoil. More of the impulse may be transmitted to your hand.

The recoil impulse may feel stronger because the aluminum grip is not flexing like the polymer grip does (slightly) in recoil. More of the impulse may be transmitted to your hand.

Alright then will a stronger recoil help that?

Alright then will a stronger recoil help that?

I am not sure. MattD felt that his gun had more felt recoil when he installed the aluminum grip. He is currently running a 12lb recoil spring. He ordered a recoil master to see if that makes any changes. I believe that Brazos ships the pro series guns with 12lb springs.

• 1 month later...