Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

May 26th 3 gun at CCC

Match will be Sunday May 26th. We got hit with the rain again this week and mowing is a bummer but should be done by Saturday for setup.

Will post target count Friday evening.

FredQ

Match will be Sunday May 26th. We got hit with the rain again this week and mowing is a bummer but should be done by Saturday for setup.

Will post target count Friday evening.

FredQ

what time is sign in sun ?

Edited by Larry LeBeau

Target for tomorrow's match is...

Rifle - 37, 200-500 yd

Pistol - 27

Shot - 74, 15 are flying targets thrown at a timed interval on the mega shotgun stage in center bay

Rain is moving in again today watch this thread for cancellation.

Does anyone plan on posting videos of the match?

I watched several videos from the LSSA match held at CCC last month and wondered if the regular monthly match stages are about the same.

The LSSA matches had some, but not a lot of movement. For me, those stages are in line with my athletic (or lack of athletic) ability.

From what I heard, the CCC monthly matches sometimes turn into more of a test of endurance than shooting ability.

If so, that's fine. But if its not, I may be missing out on a good match.

Bill

We do not focus on endurance testing, just shooting but due to our large layout the stages are long. The Rifleman's Ridge stage covered close to 100 yd and had some ups and downs but it was the shooting that timed out the shooters not the distance. I break up the movement with many shooting positions. On the squad I RO'd the only shooter to finish the stage under par time, a 50 year old woman that is a great rifle shooter. She just stayed at a slow trot and did not miss many targets...

The jungle run was about 125yd long but had so many targets the travel was not the issue, it was the loading.

The other 2 stages had very little movement.

Shooters that fear this place can find all kind of excuses not to come, but try it for yourself and see how you stack up...

I hear all the time that shooters are afraid to come shoot the 500+ yard targets, we typically only have one target at 500+. Most targets average 300 and if you have a good 100yd zero and know anything about your ballistics you can easily hit the 300yd target. Our standard target is 10" x 16" tall and a hold at the top will take you out a long ways.

I have watched 100's of new shooters at these matches and it's bad trigger control, gun fit, optics, not carrying enough ammo and having never shot from various supported positions that cause the misses. The physical side of shooting does vary some from match to match but its never a deal breaker.

We have shooters that range in age from 13 to 70 and all have a great time. Shooters yesterday were very excited at the end of the day and it was a tough shoot. We had a bunch of Heavy Metal shooters going to Raton for the nationals here and they got a good look at what they can expect at that shoot.

I am 62 and setup all the stages and run them all to make sure they are doable. It really is shooting ability not physical ability that will get you thru our matches.

FredQ

Range Manager

Fred's stages are some of the most satisifying you'll find at any monthly match; every match he puts on feels like a mini-RM3G (that's a huge compliment in my book). There's so much shooting, I don't really notice the running - which is normally broken into a few 20-30 yard sprints. Best advice is to confirm your rifle zero and then come out and play. I plan on making as many of Fred's matches as I can later this summer / fall.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

Sunday was my 1st experience shooting the CCC 3G and I really enjoyed myself. There was close to 100 rounds of SG (all birdshot) which I really needed since I haven't run my pump SG since last year's He-Man. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about Fred's "hit every target before you go on to the next one" rule. As it turned out, the par time was reasonable as long as you brought enough bullets. The "Rifleman's Ridge" really gave me a chance to go to work with my rifle engaging a total of 31 targets from 6 positions. Once I settled down and started getting 1st shot hits at 300+, it felt like I was actually learning something. That alone was worth the 3 hour drive from San Antonio.

The other huge plus was getting to shoot with my old buddy Larry LeBeau.

Wow, Had alot of fun , barrels still warm when I got home . Thx to Fred and setup crew. Good to see and shoot with you to CB. good squad very up beat and friendly... Mss. Pool whooped us good on that long range, go gurl...this match help knock alot of rust off this ol man !!!!!!!! Larry