Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ordered a 550b

Congratulations! It is much better, trust me. Be sure you follow all setup instructions before you try to use the press. The 550 is a great press. You can easily, after you get used to it, load 300rds/hr without a case feeder or bullet feeder. Best I ever did with a single stage was 100rds/hr & that was working pretty hard at it.

Wrigdon

Glad you bit the bullet and are getting a Dillon 550. Ours arrived this past week after an 8 week wait. We purchaswed through Brian Enos and found it to be a great experience.

I found the Dillon Manual to be "so so" in setting up the machine. You should get on U Tube and here on Brian's site and have alook. All his links, I believe, all end up to-and-from UTube. The world, however, needs a really comprehensive lset of loading videos. If they are out there I have not found them yet so a shout will get my attention.

Best of luck on the new loader. I know you will enjoy it!

Peace,

Chuck

Thanks for the replies. I was fine with a single stage for reloading 50 BMG and 308. Wanted something for 45acp and 223. I did order through Brian just in 45acp for now. Eight weeks wait is nothing compaired to getting NFA stuff. Gives me time to build a new reloading bench and set up some good lighting.

Now the wait begins. Been reloading on a single stage for years. I hope it's much better!!

Look at it this way:

Eventually the majority of serious reloaders arrive at where you're at. Just think of the point at which you started to reload as the begining of the journey. Now eight weeks doesn't seem so long does it? Enjoy!

RR