Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Open gun with hammer follow

Recon'sHide

So how'd ya shoot today Dave? Gun all working better?

Shooting Columbia this Saturday...did not shoot last weekend--took the weekend off. Getting my gun back this week and she is 100%. Ready to rock and roll...you shooting Columbia???

See you then.

df

Hey Boys,

Gun is back and she's rockin, couple hundred rounds down range with a match too and no probs!!! This stick is wicked to say the least and now I will get time on her and we will become very good buddies... I finished 7th overall I think at Columbia, had 4 mikes and one no shoot but I wanted to push it hard to make sure the gun is 200% and she is for sure...now some honing and more matches under de belt...next one area 8. Sorry Tim bout your 86...no worries many more matches down range.

• 1 month later...

I'm at NW Multi gun right now and my hammer followed the first 2 stages. Turns out my grip screws were loose and I run the EGW sear spring. Reviewed this thread after stage 2 and tightened screws and added the tape. 3rd stage was good, hoping its fixed!

Okay I have a stupid question. . What is hammer follow? I have never experienced it.

When you pull the trigger- bang, slide cycles everything is good, then the hammer follows the slide down to its un-cocked position. You have to cock the hammer with your thumb or rack the slide to fire another shot.

Ehh, not just that. If the hammer has enough energy to hit the firing pin, it can cause the gun to double (shoot two rounds with each trigger pull). In my experience, this is most common.

One other culprit can be the lightness of the trigger, coupled with an overtravel screw that's screwed in too far, causing the trigger to bounce and release the sear.