Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

open glock

hdgun

These are just a couple of pics of John Nagel's (AKA Mad Scientist) work.

Just got it Tues. morning. I have only one word to describe it. WOW!!!!! This gun runs sooo flat.

hdgun1.jpg

hdgun2.jpg

hdgun3.jpg

Edited by Shooter Grrl

• 2 weeks later...

That is a shorty alright.

That gun shoots surprisingly well .Its performance is beyond what you would think . When John asked me to take a look at his gun I was realy not real thriled.But John was very persistant. after talking with him and comming up with a plan I started a fast track on an inexspensive package that would perform well . The gun doesent have all the costly machine work and all the prety stuff . What it does have is performance that is on par with most comercialy available open guns. the kicker is a complete gun can be had for the price of a bargain limited gun.

The Idea is to set up a gun that the begining shooter can progress thru open with on a budget . I feel that this gun would be easy for a new guy to manage and would also be a fast handeling tool for the most exsperienced shooters.

To tell ya the truth I realy didnt want to send this one out . I would have liked to have kept it as my own . at 31 oz this thing is fast in transition and the dot is very predictable. flat enough for .10 splits in the a zone and the report is very mild.My opinion nice gun but then Im biased.

Johnnie

This budget gun that John(Mad Scientist) speaks of is of course mine. It shoots almost as flat as my STI and Caspian open guns. Don't let the size and weight of it fool you. It's fast on the transitions and splits are right on. At 15 yards the dot rises about an inch or two. The pain staking grip work that John does is top notch and is extreamly affective. I have got some strange looks from people,They ask"what the f$%K is that" then I let them shoot it. The tone changes quickly. I can't say enough about John and the work that he has done for me. I will say, If you are going to try to build an open Glock,don't bother,just send it to John.

• 4 weeks later...

The scope mount is one of John's own design and manufacture. He currently makes these one at a time on a conventional mill. I would imagine he will have a CNC milling center set up within the coming year. It works very very well! There are a number of design inovations that go into one of these mounts that might not be apparent from the outside, but I will let John elaborate on that (its his secret after all). I own other Glock mounts including the Seidler mount and I have examined the Carrver mounts at GSSF matches & on one of Sevigny's guns set up for steel; I can reveal that the identical mount John made for my gun uses a very different approach than either of the two aforementioned mounts. John is quite flexible when it comes to his custom work; drop him a PM for more info & prices.