Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the opinion of you folks on ports? I have noticed that most are horizontal. It would seem that a vertical port of sufficient dimensions would accomodate the great variance in stature amongst competitors. Thoughts?

What is the opinion of you folks on ports? I have noticed that most are horizontal. It would seem that a vertical port of sufficient dimensions would accomodate the great variance in stature amongst competitors. Thoughts?

As a 6' 4" shooter, thank you for your thoughts!

Wynn,

I've held that belief for a long time. You never see a port that has a cement block in front of it for the shorter folks, but, man the tall guys get hosed repeatedly, and I'm not as tall as Chuck.

(When I saw you were the original poster, I was wondering if you were going to have port and cigars at the cabin after the shooting is done for the day. :roflol: )

Wynn,

I've held that belief for a long time. You never see a port that has a cement block in front of it for the shorter folks, but, man the tall guys get hosed repeatedly, and I'm not as tall as Chuck.

(When I saw you were the original poster, I was wondering if you were going to have port and cigars at the cabin after the shooting is done for the day. :roflol: )

maybe Merlot and cigars, even tho i don't use tobacco.

The ports in my walls for the 2013 SC State went from just above 2" to 6". I tried to build them to allow the variance of competitors. Some people are just too tall to build walls that will accommodate them! But I did want ports low enough to handle any juniors who came through.

The ports in my walls for the 2013 SC State went from just above 2" to 6". I tried to build them to allow the variance of competitors. Some people are just too tall to build walls that will accommodate them! But I did want ports low enough to handle any juniors who came through.

Even a 6" port is pretty low :P

It's Stonehenge all over again...

Wynn,

maybe Merlot and cigars, even tho i don't use tobacco.

Merlot and chocolate go together. Well, chocolate goes with just about anything, including bacon!

I don't recall hearing Josh Sightler or Eddie Gammons complain!

I don't recall hearing Josh Sightler or Eddie Gammons complain!

I am not familiar with the individuals but If they were able to conquor a six inch port, I am impressed!

Both are TALL shooters in the SC/NC area to whom a 6 ft high wall in a stage is just a prop to be looked over.

Inch. DUH, its been a long day (SC Sectional, Shoot Fri - RO Sat - Clean up this morning in a cold rain). The ports went from just over the 2 FOOT mark to the 6 FOOT mark!

Edited by JFlowers

Both are TALL shooters in the SC/NC area to whom a 6 ft high wall in a stage is just a prop to be looked over.

Inch. DUH, its been a long day (SC Sectional, Shoot Fri - RO Sat - Clean up this morning in a cold rain). The ports went from just over the 2 FOOT mark to the 6 FOOT mark!

:roflol: