Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any experiences using the new "thick plated" Berry's in .3

dfwmiket

Noximus03 was kind enough to post in another thread that these bullets were in stock at Dillon (BerrysThick- Plated 9mm).... anyone tried them thru an open gun? I never had luck w/ the regular Berry's or any other plated bullets for that matter in .38 Super open guns, but since bullets are hard to come by these days, thought I'd see if anyone had tried these "new designed" ones, and what their overall experience was......

-Mike

Is shoot them in my open XDm. They group almost the same as montana gold CMJ's for me in my gun. The profile of the bullet is also good if your gun is chambered short. I can get almost .010 more OAL with them compared to the MG CMJ before the get into the rifling. Also found that it takes a little less powder for the same PF compared to FMJ and CMJ bullets.

I don't know how fast you are shooting whatever bullet weight in your open gun, but hopefully these new bullets are rated higher than the 1200fps of the old ones. If so, they could be good. I have only shot the original Berry's 124 round nose to about 1250fps and those were ok, but much faster and the RPM's might tear them apart.

Ive been using this projectiles for almost 1 year (4k) unfortnately our supplier had a hard time restocking them, went back to Zero. Never had a problem with it, pushing this projectile up to 1380 fsp. oal 1.200 to my gun.

The thick plated say 1500 FPS on the box, at least the 115 9mm do. My load runs about 1530 and so far no issues. They'll hit mini poppers at 35 yards all day out of my Schuemann barreled Open gun.