Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Complete noob here

dskinsler83

Ok so I just picked up a CZ 74 SP-O1 from here. After shooting a CZC shadow for a test run this past weekend I must say it spoiled me. SOOOOO!!! This one I picked up being a non shadow version even though it has all the Cajun Custom Gun Works trigger stuff like the stage 3 hammer kit and CCGW short reset(not near as short as the CZC btw), and extended firing pin. Basically everything except for the DA reduction kit (not production legal IIRC) the questions are as follows

Can an 85 combat trigger be put in and is it really worth it?

Stainless guide rod over plastic worth it?

Extended Mag release?

As far as I know, the Cajun Gunworks short reset trigger actually only reduces reset of the double action pull. It does nothing for the single action pull. The CZ Custom Shop short reset trigger does nothing for the double action pull and does everything for reducing reset of the single action. Might want to double check to make sure your gun is legal.

An 85 combat trigger can be installed on any CZ 75 variant including SP-01s and Shadows. My bro has one on his Accu-shadow.

Stainless guide rod versus plastic is a matter of preference. They are functionally the same. There is anecdotal evidence that the plastic ones wear out quicker, but there are also people that have used the plastic ones for tens of thousands of rounds. Really, what one should consider is the slightly increased front end weight if the stainless steel guide rod.

Can't help you on the mag release. My bro's is extended since that's how it came from the Custom Shop, but he's never requested nor found a need for an extended mag release. It's no difference to him.

Edited by ftjandra

The cajun kit as I understand it shortens the reset on guns with firing pin block lever. At this time our short reset is for guns without a firing pin block lever.

the 85 trigger will fit. the original trigger shape has less of a curve so doesn't pinch the trigger finger. the new style has a tighter radius. advantage is if your trigger has significant overtravel after the sear releases the hammer.

poly vs steel..pretty much a personal question and you'll have to dig deep and look yourself in soul to know your preference :)

ext. mag release..good if you have short fingers.

The cajun kit as I understand it shortens the reset on guns with firing pin block lever. At this time our short reset is for guns without a firing pin block lever.

the 85 trigger will fit. the original trigger shape has less of a curve so doesn't pinch the trigger finger. the new style has a tighter radius. advantage is if your trigger has significant overtravel after the sear releases the hammer.

poly vs steel..pretty much a personal question and you'll have to dig deep and look yourself in soul to know your preference :)

ext. mag release..good if you have short fingers.

Well I got some short stubby used to be fat fingers. And what you mean new style? I'm completely new to these but the trigger in the CZC shadow I shot I could reach easily. I know that with the FB block that the trigger won't be near as good as the shadow but I've been told it can be close. What say you EERW?

I know that with the FB block that the trigger won't be near as good as the shadow but I've been told it can be close. What say you EERW?

Without a proper trigger job, it won't matter. I have an SP01, with the FPB, and I had CZC do the trigger job two years ago. Since then, I've gone in myself and polished just about every fire control part that effects SA and DA pulls. I will put my trigger pull, both DA and SA, against any Shadow not tuned by Stuart, Mink, or Akai. The biggest difference you will see is the SA reset. With the FPB it is looooong. My point is you can get the trigger to work just about as good as a Shadow. But do yourself a favor and just get the Shadow.

so the new one is basically thinner than the original 85?? i really can not see much difference

are they hard to put in at home?

Yes the new one is thinner than the original 85 Combat trigger. The original (fatter) 85 Combat trigger is designed to put the trigger as far back as possible. Perfect for someone that has short stubby fingers.

And yes, get the Shadow because if you ever decide to get the short reset trigger installed from the Custom Shop, it can only be installed on CZ without a firing pin block (at least for now).

Shadow with new 85 Combat trigger:

91029_logo1000_0040.jpg

My brother's Accu-shadow with the original 85 Combat trigger. You can tell it's fatter. EDIT: Credit goes to Stuart from the CZ Custom shop for taking that picture, or so my brother says.

859656_10200725291153459_961865475_o.jpg

Edited by ftjandra

I know that with the FB block that the trigger won't be near as good as the shadow but I've been told it can be close. What say you EERW?

Without a proper trigger job, it won't matter. I have an SP01, with the FPB, and I had CZC do the trigger job two years ago. Since then, I've gone in myself and polished just about every fire control part that effects SA and DA pulls. I will put my trigger pull, both DA and SA, against any Shadow not tuned by Stuart, Mink, or Akai. The biggest difference you will see is the SA reset. With the FPB it is looooong. My point is you can get the trigger to work just about as good as a Shadow. But do yourself a favor and just get the Shadow.

yeah well if i had the money for a shadow i would have gotten one lol but i dont have it so hear i am. the trigger is ok for me as is its deff not a factory trigger

so i need the original 85 trigger then to set it back as far a legally possible in a production gun and with the FPB?? what you say stuart?

what recoil spring you guys using? i load a 147gr lead hard cast bullet here

to set the trigger back in a DA/SA gun the new 85C trigger, SP01/P01 recurve triggers are the way to go.

you can do some cool things on the B series guns. I ran a matte stainless for a couple of years when I was shooting production pretty heavily. It is possible to get a really nice trigger on the B guns, you just have to get after it a little more.

to set the trigger back in a DA/SA gun the new 85C trigger, SP01/P01 recurve triggers are the way to go.

you can do some cool things on the B series guns. I ran a matte stainless for a couple of years when I was shooting production pretty heavily. It is possible to get a really nice trigger on the B guns, you just have to get after it a little more.

So if I understood this right I ordered the original 85 trigger not the newer 85 combat trigger. I also ordered a few new springs and a solid trigger pin.

But after taking it out for a test run while waiting on the parts I tried some of my ammo.

147gr valiant needed to be loaded at 1.100" and with both WSF 3.5gr and N320 3.2gr crimped at .376 I had key holing and tumbling :-( amd a few dead blow primers (Tula) even with the stated extended firing pin

What is the spring setup? mainspring weight? ext. firing pin was installed by someone? do you know whose? firing pin spring? how much dryfiring done on it? thanks..see if can figure out light strikes.

Do all Accu-Shadows have 85 style slide stops?

Astute observations. No. My brother requested an ambi slide stop for his Accu-shadow specifically. They are 85 slide stops retrofit to his Shadow frame.