Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pro Chrono Digital Indoors?

I have been researching the forum for information about chronographs. It seems the prochrono gets great reviews. The CED M2 gets pretty good reviews as well. The M2 has a infrared screen. All I seen for the prochrono is an indoor lighting setup that needs AC power. I don't have an indoor range that will let me plug a lighting system in. How does the prochrono work indoors without the lighting system or is there an infrared system for the prochrono similar to the M2. I assumed you can't use the M2 infrared on the prochrono.

Going to start reloading for 9mm major and need chrono that will be flexible. Use indoor and outdoor and work all the time.

Cleared my Cache and it appears I can post now. :D They have a battery hookup that can be used but I have access to AC at my indoor range so I do not need it. The lights actually run off DC power, the AC is for the transformer to power the DC lights.

Edited by Poppa Bear

Poppa Bear

I'm not following. The unit will run off battery. What I read on CE website is the lights needs to be plugged in. I did not see anything on CE website about batter hook up unless you are referring to wiring 2 12 volt batteries in series. I can't imagine carrying to 12 volt batteries to the range. I take it equipment from different brands can't be crossed. Ir from CED used on CEs pro chrono.

Poppa Bear

I'm not following. The unit will run off battery. What I read on CE website is the lights needs to be plugged in. I did not see anything on CE website about batter hook up unless you are referring to wiring 2 12 volt batteries in series. I can't imagine carrying to 12 volt batteries to the range. I take it equipment from different brands can't be crossed. Ir from CED used on CEs pro chrono.

Why not? Light is light. The chrono is just sensing a change in it's visual path. Fluorescents flicker which is why they work poorly. I use 2 12 volts in series instead of plugging in. I also use it outdoors to stabilize the light and reduce shadow problems.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124786

Not electrical or mechanically inclined. When I read 2 12 volt batteries in series my mind just went to car batteries. I take it a rechargeable power inverter with electrical outlet will work. yes