Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Noob questions

SecretNY

Hey all, I'm thinking of going over to the dark side from Glock but I have a few questions. I'm looking at the SP01 series.

1) What is the difference between the Accu Shadow and Target Shadow?

2) Is the extra cash for the Accu really worth it? I know it's not Prod legal yet...

3) What about the Aussie extra barrel length?

Thanks for the help. This stuff gets confusing.

SNY

Accu-shadow has a bushing system which has been ransom rest tested for <2.5 inches at 50 yards. The Accu-shadow also comes with a short reset trigger that reduces take up to less than 1/16th of an inch. The Accu comes with the HAJO competition rear sight (Height Adjustable Only) and pairs with a 7.5 mm front fiber.

The only thing that is the same from both models is that they start from a Shadow Custom, which means both models have the standard trigger work, polishing, stainless steel full length guide rod, competition hammer, etc. Note, the Shadow Target has a different competition adjustable rear sight.

Unless I'm missing something, if you slap on the Accu-bushing, short reset trigger, and HAJO comp rear sight on the Shadow Target, you have an Accu-shadow.

The Aussie barrel length is not common to the US. My bro has it on his though.

He loves it. Test target showed a trigger pull of 3.1 pound single, 8.1 double, but after dry firing and sending rounds down range, it's noticeably lighter. The short reset trigger is really something special. He's running 13# recoil and 15% main, but had the gun set up to work for any factory or reloaded ammo. Most gun game shooters that use the CZ go 10# recoil and something like a 13# main. So while the trigger pull is not the lightest possible, it feels nice with a clean break and tactile reset. I bet a trigger pull gauge would confirm the SA to be in the 2 pound range.

If you were just asking about the AUS barrel, it's just for looks. Will chrono a bit faster than a standard 4.7 inch barrel, but hardly noticeable. It sets his gun apart from the rest of the CZs.

SNY,

Both of my Shadows have Aussie barrel. The barrel doesn't really add/detract to/from anything and has mostly aesthetic impact. As a result of the minimally longer barrel, there maybe a faster velocity measurement -- maybe 5 to 10 ft/sec, a big maybe.

ftj, what does your bro think of his AUS? Thanks for the input on the Accu.
Edited by justaute

SNY,

Both of my Shadows have Aussie barrel. The barrel doesn't really add/detract to/from anything and has mostly aesthetic impact. As a result of the minimally longer barrel, there maybe a faster velocity measurement -- maybe 5 to 10 ft/sec, a big maybe.

Yep, yep. The difference in barrel length is only .225 inch, not even a 1/4 inch. It's 4.925 versus 4.7.

Actually, when properly measured, it closer to 4.5" vs 4.7". For whatever reason, CZ doesn't follow the ATF guideline of measuring from muzzle to breech-face.

SNY,

Yep, yep. The difference in barrel length is only .225 inch, not even a 1/4 inch. It's 4.925 versus 4.7.

Different countries have different laws regarding measuring the barrel length. The Czech Republic measures from muzzle to end of breech face from what I understand.

Actually, when properly measured, it closer to 4.5" vs 4.7". For whatever reason, CZ doesn't follow the ATF guideline of measuring from muzzle to breech-face.

SNY,

There is no excuse to be made, CZ USA is just jacked up with their conversions; the CZ75 line has a 4.5" barrel and the TS has a 5.1" barrel. The lengths on CZ UB in mm are correct. The Aussie barrel is a quarter inch longer because they have a law which prohibits barrels shorter than 120mm.

Edited by kneelingatlas

you don't get much of anything from the AUZ barrel. Some CDI factor, but no real gain in velocity or accuracy. not long enough to thread and be useful either.

as kneeling said..fit a TS barrel for some length, long enough to thread and use.

ACCU is more accurate than the Target. Has a tighter lockup on the front end of the barrel.

ACCU has short reset, ACCU bushing and Hajo rear sight.

Target has full adjustable rear sight.

BOth have full action job, al grips, ss guide rod, lighter springs, 3 mags.