Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Think of it as a puddle!

Neil Beverley

most good brands of cartridge work after a couple of days imersion but paper/card cased ammo swells and is hard/impossible to chamber.

as for leeches well ...we do have in next door's pond but maybe the stream is too fast flowing for them..

j

:D Dont you just love Shield in the winter !!

Will you boys be playing at Harlow this weekend - last one of the season and time to really go for it !! :ph34r:

Mike

That was the summer about 3 or 4 years back.

In the winter the water gets deep. Not like the trickle in the picture.

I should add that this was the quick route but there was a dry route along the bank, only it was definitely slower.

I'm shooting the Harlow match on Saturday.

Does anyone think we need to change the rules from "walk through" to "walk or swim through"?

Luca

Perhaps you can see now why the conditions for the ESC match last summer were a culture shock for the Brits. I'd been telling them for years it was the same as the UK everywhere else as well. :D

The targets that had to be shot prone were a real b*tch! :rolleyes: Cooper Tunnels could be tricky as well! Happy days! :)

Think of the fun you can have with the briefing:

"On the start signal follow the marked river........."

or

"The permitted safety angles are 90 degrees either side of the raging torrent"

or

??

Along the same lines:

"...this is a medley course, comstock scoring..."

"...Targets T4 and T5 to be engaged from breaststroke..."

"...no relay allowed..."

While, if it were an IDPA match, I'd love to see competitors taking cover while engaging targets...maybe a snorkel would help???

:lol::lol::lol:

"This CoF consists of 12 Plates, 2 Poppers, 5 PT's and totals 14 rounds minimum, scoring comstack...."

"But I only see 4 Plates, 1 Popper and no PT's!"

" Have you looked everywhere?"

"You mean there under......!!!!"

"Do you see a problem with that shooter?" :ph34r:

I remember shooting that stage - I was new to the game then and I did wonder what I was letting myself in for ! I took the wet route as well and it was fun, that drop over the log was very deep if I recall !! :D

I am shooting Sunday so we may not hook up, I will pick up your prize for you ! ;)

Mike

I remember shooting that stage - I was new to the game then and I did wonder what I was letting myself in for ! I took the wet route as well and it was fun, that drop over the log was very deep if I recall !!

So you were still wet behind the ears as it were?

I am shooting Sunday so we may not hook up, I will pick up your prize for you !  ;)

I think the weather forecast is too dry to favour my style of shooting! :D But thanks for the offer.

Do you think there would be any justification for timers with floating decimal points?

Is this the stage to send any "floating" range crew to?

The truth of the matter is that in the summer the stream is normally just a trickle of just an inch or two of water. It makes a great natural setting for a stage and the steeply rising banks on either side provide an excellent safety backstop. However, the week before the match we suffered a week of monsoon proportion rain and you can see the result.

Now to me it's a competitive edge. I've been there often before and the more it freaks out the others the more I smile and embrace the conditions.

Besides, skin is waterproof!