Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Versa Max Tactical Arrived and a Question.....

RolexJohn

Just got my new Versa Max Tactical 12ga. last night and did some minor assembly and clean up:

IMG_2785-Edit_zps791abfbf.jpg

Is the Probore Tactical Choke Tube which is included useful for anything beyond a breaching took at the end of the barrel? I can't imagine that at self-defense distances a choke would have a meaningful impact on defensive shotgun rounds.

Edited by RolexJohn

It's an included accessory with most of Remingtons 'Tactical' shotguns. Unless you plan on putting an optic on the gun I would also leave the rail off the gun, for me looking over the rail at the front bead caused my pattern to hit very high.

It's an included accessory with most of Remingtons 'Tactical' shotguns. Unless you plan on putting an optic on the gun I would also leave the rail off the gun, for me looking over the rail at the front bead caused my pattern to hit very high.

I more than likely will put an Aimpoint PRO on my VM. I'm cross-eye dominant - tough to shoot a long gun that way with iron sights. I'm also not convinced that lttle fiber optic rod isn't going to fall out...it seems to pop right out when I press on it.

My 2 cents, I got mine a few months ago I like it. But I need more chokes, so I wrote a question on this site about what kind of Pro bore chokes. I got a lot of help, which I do appreciate. I went through CDNN Sports to purchase my chokes, just my 2 cents.