Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

stage builder tools

JD45

Stagebuilder online is great, but my printer is broken. I need to design and save 6 IDPA stages fast, and email them to the MD.

Are there other online programs that allow you to save it to your computer? The screenshot program I downloaded was corrupt and would not work.

Help.

I have a blank word .doc template for CoF/stage diagrams. Then I have a couple of pages worth of the various targets, partitions, barrels, etc. also in word .doc. They are like an artist's pallete, I copy and paste a blue plastic drum from the pallete into the CoF template. Rinse, repeat, as often as necessary.

It is a real drag, and time consuming.

I'd rather set the stage up first in the bay, air gun it a few times, then draw the CoF into word from that. At one point I was looking into getting stickers made up, you'd get a sheet of partitions, a sheet of blue drums, a sheet of tan USPSA metric targets, etc. Then there would be a form letter-ish like CoF description with blanks for like points, minimum round count, number of paper targets and number of steel targets. Set the stage up in the bay, then peel off the stickers and stick them in the form template. Done!

I know that doesn't answer your question...

if you're on a windows machine, isn't it just hitting the print screen button that saves the screen capture?

then just email the .jpg as an attachment.

that's why I liked word when emailing them out. very emailable .doc, and editable once it arrived, if I left something out or needed to correct a typo.

I'm using Vista, and the print screen button doesn't do anything. But thanks for trying to help.

You would think someone would have made it easy by now, since computers and computer geeks have been around for a few years now.

I'm using Vista, and the print screen button doesn't do anything. But thanks for trying to help.

You would think someone would have made it easy by now, since computers and computer geeks have been around for a few years now.

Sorry in advance if I insult your intelligence with this response...but I've spoken with others in the past that did not know this, so we'll give it a shot.

You say the print screen button doesn't work. You do know that when you hit the button, it doesn't just print right? It's essentially a Copy function. You need to open a program like Paint or Word, and hit paste and the image of the screen will paste.

Like I said, sorry if you know this, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

If not, then definitely go with CutePDF like Scott recommends. I use the program all the time. Easy to install, easy to use.

Back when I had a Windows XP machine, I used a free photo editing program called Irfanview. That seemed to work well. I would hit print screen, open up Irfanview, and paste the screen cap there. If you're going to be much more of this stage designing, I can always email you the pallete's and forms that I have.

Edited by Chills1994

Finally! I can go to hit print screen, then go to photoshop and select "from clipboard" and there it is. It easily saves as a jpg file.

But, the text on the left of stage builder is half cut-off, and it shows all of the props. I'm gonna have to figure out how to fix that.

Thank y'all again.