Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Co. is the "Glock" of suppressors?

Chriznak

For rifle, Surefire comes to mind. But for pistol, I think it's whatever suits your application.

However ( and feel free to correct me), there are a few companies coming out with interchangeable baffles, which means one can, one stamp, but endless number of caliber compatibility.

One company that does a lot of ground work for pro suppressor legislation is silencerco. Might be a good place to start.

Edited by ckell101

Is there a dominant manufacture that is known for having suppressors compatible for the widest array of cartridges and firearms and also known for a good street price?

If you can more clearly articulate what you're looking for in this I may be able to offer a helpful opinion.

Are you looking for pistol or long gun? Are you looking for QD or thread on? It vaguely sounds like you're looking for long gun w/ QD mount but at this point I don't know.

Is there a dominant manufacture that is known for having suppressors compatible for the widest array of cartridges and firearms and also known for a good street price?

rifles: surefire pricey best in the world. built for machne guns.

knac hard to find but shoot forever. heavy

pistols: center fire -- gemtec raptor-2 with enhancer gadget

.22;s -- gemtech outback-2 take apart

shotty dont know dont live in england l.o.l.

quick lok foirmat on ar's screw on is good but slow

screw on's on pistols only way to go.

this is F.N.V PRODUCT if u havent used them dont anwer, i heard,read, on the internet..and yes i have all these in my bag. for work guns. do it over ??? same same.

lots of othersgood 1's. these are tried and true by guys shooting 100,000's of rds in real world.

ask i am around

jjw

Edited by jjw

Surefire rifles(expensive but very good). Advanced Armament Corp for Rifles and Pistols. Cheaper than surefire for the M4 2000 (5.56 suppressor) and 762-SDN-6 (308 and below suppressor) Made with all Inconel baffel stack, very reliable, minimal point of impact shift. The TiRant is the quietest pistol suppressor i have ever shot. You can get different thread adapters for different barrels thread pitches and calibers . SWR/Silencerco for rimfire. best bang for the buck. can take down and shoot all rimfire including 5.7 through some of their cans.

IMO with spending $200 for the tax stamp and waiting for 6 months or more you're way better off buying the very best you can afford. The difference between good and better is often less than a couple of hundred bucks and it should be something that you plan on having for the rest of your life so spend the extra to buy the best.