Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pointing guns for pics

Dead Buff

While scanning through some IPSC websites I often come across pics of the winners with their trophies with drawn guns.

I'm not going to be shot through the screen, so I do not care and I like the pics......but......is the "legal" within the rules and under what circumstances?

Thread drift:

...remote trigger, some radio controls, servo motors, wheels and have fun from your chair.... :D

--------------

OK, but when does the match then end? I'm asking these Q's since I would feel real uncomfortable with guys "running" around with guns on a range.

Maybe a dedicated photo area under supervision from a CRO/RO?

...do yourself a favor and set up a remote trigger.....

nik, do you know where I can get one that fits a Para?

:lol::ph34r:

If you put one on a Para...it would break by association.

Of course, if you put a camera down range of a Para...it might get busted as the parts fly off the gun.

:P

OK, but when does the match then end?
6.6.3 A match, tournament or league will be deemed to have started on the first day that competitors (including those specified above) shoot for score and will be deemed to have ended when the results have been declared final by the Match Director.

I'm asking these Q's since I would feel real uncomfortable with guys "running" around with guns on a range.

Funny what worries some people.

I've decided that while there is no such thing as being too safe, there is in fact such a thing as being too safety-conscious.

As for me, I've never had the experience of feeling unsafe around a shooter competent enough to be holding a gun in one hand and a trophy in the other....even if there's no CRO, RO, or HMFIC anywhere in sight.

I'm asking these Q's since I would feel real uncomfortable with guys "running" around with guns on a range.

Funny what worries some people.

I've decided that while there is no such thing as being too safe, there is in fact such a thing as being too safety-conscious.

As for me, I've never had the experience of feeling unsafe around a shooter competent enough to be holding a gun in one hand and a trophy in the other....even if there's no CRO, RO, or HMFIC anywhere in sight.

When last did you look down the muzzel of a gun held by someone else?

-----------

I got my answers, thanks. This thread can be closed.

:lol::ph34r:

If you put one on a Para...it would break by association.

Of course, if you put a camera down range of a Para...it might get busted as the parts fly off the gun.

:P

Flex,

The only part on my Para to break was the Bomar vertical adjustment screw and a Wolf Firing pin spring. That after at least 50,000 rounds.

Para not the problem, just have a good gunsmith build it!

Jim Norman

as Jim says. Real guns are made of metal, not plastic... :D

I'm surprised noone picked up on the definition of when the match is over. Think scores are posted, now you can point your gun anywhere, throw it in the trunk? Think again, you will be DQ'd until at least (so I read it) the protest period is over.

--Detlef

I'm surprised noone picked up on the definition of when the match is over. Think scores are posted, now you can point your gun anywhere, throw it in the trunk? Think again, you will be DQ'd until at least (so I read it) the protest period is over.

For the sake of clarity, the 1 hour protest period applies from when the provisional results are posted:

9.8.2 After all competitors have completed a match, the provisional stage results should be published and posted in a conspicuous place by the Stats Officer for the purpose of verification by competitors.

9.8.3 If a competitor detects an error in the provisional results at the end of the match, they must file an appeal with the Stats Officer not later than 1 hour after the results are posted. If the appeal is not filed within the time limit, the posted scores will stand and the appeal will be dismissed.

However once the 1 hour period has passed and the MD declares the results are "final" (see Rule 6.6.3 above), the match is over.

------------------------------

(Neil: I think we need to change the word "should" to "must"!?)

(Neil: I think we need to change the word "should" to "must"!?)

Vince

On the face of it I agree but I've got a niggling doubt that we debated this issue and settled on "should" for a reason.

I'll try to reseach it. However, otherwise it does seem to scream out doesn't it?

I've now checked and there is absolutely no change to this rule from the 14th Edition to the January 2004 Edition so I must have been thinking of something else.