Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI 2011 Frame Kit price check - old noob stuff

tator2k

I was browsing a local shop and noticed they had a STI 2011 frame kit sitting in the display. So now that I saw it I have a number of question.

Are you able to order these online anymore?

What's a normal range you'd expect to pay of this as the base for a custom gun build?

Besides trigger what other frame parts are different between a 2011 and 1911 frames?

Thank you for the help.

I was browsing a local shop and noticed they had a STI 2011 frame kit sitting in the display. So now that I saw it I have a number of question.

What's a normal range you'd expect to pay of this as the base for a custom gun build?

Besides trigger what other frame parts are different between a 2011 and 1911 frames?

Thank you for the help.

I would cal Chuck at Shooters supply he will always shoot you straight............he is also in the dealer forum

Thank you for the help.

You can order them online, they have to ship to an FFL because it is the part that is considered to be the firearm.

There are a bunch of options, ramped or unramped. Which mag catch, which trigger, wide or standard, long dust cover or standard... and a few more...

a close estimate would be $450.00 plus or minus $75.00 depending on options.

1911 is steel frame and grip and is single stack. 2011 is moduler steel frame with a polymer grip (usually) and is double stack.