Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New slide stop and slide lock reload issues

rpacker

I just replaced my slide stop after the old one broke. I bought it through midwayusa.com (if it matters). Twice today shooting the classifier doing a slide lock reload, I put the new magazine in hard enough that it closed the slide. The problem is that both times it didn't put a round in the chamber. The magazine was fully seated both times.

Sitting here now with dummy rounds (same bullets) I cannot duplicate the behavior. Has anyone ever had this happen? Any ideas on what could do this?

Sounds like IDPA? In general it is smart to never expect it to work 100% reliably. Even though most guns will do this reliably not many are designed to work this way.

Shouldn't matter, but was it an OEM part? If it was CZ part, I cannot see why this would happen. The only thing I can think of is Mag spring. First off, what gun is it? Shadow? Are you running with the OEM springs? If so, you may want to think about changing to the +10%. Normally you should be able to get your CZ to not only strip the round every time, but also auto slide release if you jam it in hard enough. Strange that it wasn't working at home, but I found 9 out of 10 problems wont replicate in the confines of your work bench. They only want to present themselves during a match when you're on the clock. It's that damn Murphy guy's fault.

It's a Custom Shop Shadow. Yes, it was an OEM part, the package says from CS-USA. I have 3 different types of magazines, all with springs that came with them. I'll have to go out and try each repeatedly to see if I can get it to do it while not in a match setting. It just seemed odd that it never happened before I changed the slide stop.

Happened to me in 2 of 3 stageswith brand new mecgar 17 rounders at my last IDPA match ( I am not going to sweat it, as I rarely shoot idpa, mostly uspsa where it is not an issue.) I did notice that when loading them, the springs were way softer than my older mags with +10% springs in them. If i get bored, I may swap out the spring and try to see if that would solve the problem.